Calling all Cupcake lovers! These wonderful and flavorful cupcakes will be absolutely perfect for any dessert. This recipe is Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes and an amazing twist of flavors that you can enjoy on any occasion and share with friends and family. This recipe may become a favorite!
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes
This delicious Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes are super fun to make and make great memories with your loved ones while making this lovely dessert. This recipe doesn’t have to many complex ingredients and the directions are easy to follow along with. This cupcake will come out chocolatey, crunchy, nutty and moist. Be sure to write this recipe down!
- Triple chocolate cake mix- This will allow for a quicker process.
- Eggs- Be sure to have your eggs at room temp.
- Water- This is the water that will be used in your batter.
- Canola oil- You can substitute vegetable oil or vice versa.
- Sugar- Sugar is always in the best desserts.
- Brown sugar- This will add a richer flavor in your recipe.
- Cornstarch- This will be used as a thickening agent.
- Light corn syrup- This is additional sweetener.
- Butter- Use unsalted to control the amount of salt in a recipe.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Chopped Pecans- These will be added for a garnish on your cupcakes.
- Pure vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Powder sugar- This is the best sugar for homemade frosting.
- Ground cinnamon- You can ground your own ingredients for best taste.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will be used to thicken your frosting.
- Salted Caramel Sauce- This is for the caramel drizzle on top.
How to Make Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes
Set your oven to 350 degrees and use cupcake liners to line your pan.
Add your cake mix, eggs, water and oil in a large bowl and beat together.
Fill the liners about 2/3 the way full with the mixture.
For 22 minutes, put in the oven and bake.
Take out and place on cooling rack.
Add in all your ingredients besides the pecans and vanilla into a medium saucepan and stir.
Bring ingredients to a boil.
Take off the heat and add in the pecans and vanilla.
Pour your finished ingredients in a bowl.
Allow the mix to cool on a counter top for 10 minutes. After cooling, put in the fridge for 1 hour.
On medium speed in a standing mixer, combine all ingredients.
Beat until stiff peaks form and scoop the frosting into a piping bag.
Add frosting to the now cool cupcakes and only frost the edges.
Spoon in pecan filling to the middle.
Add your caramel sauce by drizzling on top of the cupcake.
Are These Kid-Friendly?
These amazing Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes may make you wonder if they are kid-friendly. The bourbon in this recipe does fully cook out and does not harm anyone who eats these. However, this choice of if you want your kids to eat is all on preference.
What Icing Goes on Pecan Pie Cupcakes?
This Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes recipe uses cinnamon buttercream as the icing. You can also use a choice of store bought frosting or this Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe with cinnamon that will be perfect for this recipe as well.
More Bourbon Recipes
- Apple Pie Bourbon Flavored Popcorn Mix
- Bourbon Apple Pie
- Kentucky Bourbon Cookies with Bourbon Glaze
- Instant Pot Bourbon Cake
- Bourbon Balls Recipe
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes
Chocolate Cupcakes Ingredients:
- 1 box Triple chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ C water
- ½ C canola oil
Pecan Pie topping ingredients:
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 C light corn syrup
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 C Chopped Pecans
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Cinnamon Frosting ingredients:
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 bottle Salted Caramel Sauce
Chocolate Cupcakes Directions :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a large bowl, beat together until combined the cake mix, eggs, water, and oil
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full
- Put in the oven and bake for 22 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
Pecan Pie topping Directions:
- Using a medium saucepan stir together all filling ingredients EXCEPT pecans and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Let mixture cool on the counter for 10 minutes and then refrigerate for 1 hour
- Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed.
- Mix until you see stiff peaks in your frosting and scoop into piping bag
- Frost cooled cupcakes around the edge leaving the center open
- Scoop the Pecan Pie mix into the center of the cupcake
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the cupcakes
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes”
Made these using boxed gluten free chocolate cake mix, replacing the water with coffee and bourbon. Used your pecan pie filling and shortcut the frosting by using a canned cream cheese frosting but mixing in cinnamon and vanilla per your recipe. So good! Thanks for posting!