If you love enchiladas, you are going to absolutely love these amazing Air Fryer Chicken Enchiladas. So simple to make and with so much flavor, these enchiladas are perfection. This dinner can be used for a simple weeknight meal or make it for your friends and family.
Air Fryer Chicken Enchiladas
These enchiladas are so delicious and super easy to make. These wonderful enchiladas are bursting with flavor, and the have a bit of a crunch from the air fryer. They’re extremely tender, gooey, and cheesy on the inside. These Enchiladas will just melt in your mouth with sweet and spicy sauce on top. Be sure to write this awesome dish down for the books.
- Tortillas- Be sure to use flour tortillas in this recipe.
- Rotisserie chicken- You can make your own or to save time, buy a pre-made chicken from the store.
- Sweet onion – Make sure to have your onions prepared and chopped.
- Enchilada sauce- This sauce can be mild or spicier depending on what you can handle.
- Brown sugar- This will add a richer flavor to your ingredients.
- Colby Jack cheese- Make sure to shred your own cheese or buy pre-shredded.
- Green onions – Make sure to have these finely chopped to the top.
- Cherry tomatoes- Make sure to wash them and they will be used as a side dish.
How to Make Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken Enchiladas
Shred the chicken with washed hands or a fork. Place it in a bowl.
Chop your onion and set aside for later. Put the Enchilada sauce in a large saucepan and pour in the brown sugar.
Bring your ingredients to a boil and flip of the heat.
Place the tortillas on a plate and lightly add some sauce.
Add in the chicken, onion, and a bit of cheese to the middle of the tortilla and more sauce.
Line the basket in the air fryer with foil.
Fold all four sides of the tortilla to cover the middle ingredients completely. Lay the folded side down and be aware of the folded sides from opening. Repeat until the basket is full.
Pour more sauce to cover the enchiladas and top with more cheese.
Set your air fryer to 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Take them out and place on a serving plate and garnish with the prepared and chopped green onions. Add your side of cherry tomatoes and tortilla chips. Dig In!
Should I Use Flour or Corn Tortillas?
For this recipe, it is best to use the tortillas that will fold the easiest. You also want the tortilla to be able to hold all the ingredients as well while being cooked. Flour Tortillas would work the best for these enchiladas.
What Should I Serve with Chicken Enchiladas?
Since these Enchiladas are hot and depending on how much sauce or the spiciness level of the sauce. You will want to enjoy this dish with something fresh and cold. You can eat cherry tomatoes, side salad or even celery.
More Mexican Inspired Meals
- Mexican Macaroni Ham Salad
- Mexican Cornbread Recipe (5-minute prep)
- Instant Pot Mexican Corn Dip with Jalapenos
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole (15-Minute Prep)
- Cinco de Mayo Mexican Dinner
Air Fryer Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 package soft flour Tortillas 20 count
- 1 Rotisserie chicken
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 large can Mild Enchilada sauce 28 ounce
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 package of shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Green onions chopped fine, to top
- Cherry tomatoes - washed side dish
- Pull the chicken from the Rotisserie chicken (or you can buy already pulled Rotisserie chicken), and place it in a bowl.
- Chop the sweet onion, and set aside. Place the enchilada sauce in a large heavy saucepan, and add the brown sugar. Bring to a boil, and turn off heat.
- Lay the tortillas out on a plate, and lightly cover the inside with the Enchilada sauce. Add the chicken, and onion in the middle of the Tortilla, and sprinkle with cheese, and a little more sauce.
- Line the air fryer basket with foil. Fold the Tortilla sides in, covering the center filling, until you have all four sides folded over each other, and lay the Enchilada folded side down in the air fryer, being careful to keep the sides folded under. Continue, until you have the air fryer full of Enchiladas.
- Cover the enchiladas in sauce, and top with cheese. Set the Air Fryer on 350 degrees, and air fry for 15 minutes.
- Remove the Enchiladas to plates, or a serving plate, and top with chopped green onions. Serve with cherry tomatoes, extra sauce, and Tortilla chips. Enjoy!