Skip the coffeehouse expense and time and get your caffeine fix at home. This amazing Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso recipe is the perfect start to your morning. An easy Starbucks copycat recipe!
Starbucks Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso Recipe
Flavored with brown sugar and vanilla, this is the best copycat drink you could make! The recipe is flexible so you can use espresso or a strong coffee, whichever is easier. You can even make a double or triple batch and store it in the fridge to get your coffee fix even faster the morning.
This espresso drink is so simple and tastes like you have your very own Barista from Starbucks right in your kitchen.
- Brewed Espresso: Use brewed espresso or a strong coffee for this recipe. Either one will work.
- Brown Sugar: This adds a rich caramel note to the drink.
- Vanilla Extract: Adds aroma and a touch of flavor.
- Oat Milk: You can use regular whole milk or 2% if you don’t have oat milk.
Starbucks uses Oatly brand oat milk. It is a rich and creamy plant-based milk that froths just as well as regular milk.
It partially depends upon the brand you use. Oatly oat milk tastes like a slightly sweet cow’s milk. It has the same creamy texture and can even be used with cereal like regular milk. Oat milk has a milder flavor than soy or almond milk.
How to Make Brown Sugar Shaken Espresso
Step 1. In a cocktail shaker or jar, add in the brewed espresso or a strong coffee. Put in the brown sugar, vanilla, ice, and cinnamon stick and combine (shake) for 4 minutes.
Step 2. Add the mixture into a glass and top with oat milk and mix.
Step 3. Top with a decent amount of cold Reddi-Whip Nitro Foam and top with brown sugar. Serve and Enjoy!
What Does Espresso Taste Like?
The perfect espresso should taste rich in flavor. Espresso should be a nice sweet flavor. It should give your beverage a caramel-like flavor.
Can I Use Ground Cinnamon?
This recipe uses a cinnamon stick which can give you the rawest and most flavorful cinnamon taste. However, if you need to substitute it out with ground cinnamon, both work just fine.
More Starbucks’ Recipes:
- Starbucks Birthday Cake Pops
- Lemon Loaf Cake (Starbucks Copycat)
- White Chocolate Mocha (Starbucks Copycat)
- Cranberry Bliss Bars (Starbucks Copycat)
Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
- 1/2 cup Brewed Espresso
- 1 Organic Cinnamon Stick
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Oat-milk
- 1/2 cup Ice
- Reddi-Whip Nitro Cold Foam found in the dairy section
- Brew Espresso. or Strong Cold Coffee, and add it to a Cocktail Shaker, or jar, with a lid. Add the Brown Sugar, Vanilla, Ice, and Cinnamon Stick to the Shaker, and shake for 4 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a cup, or glass, add the Oat-milk, and stir.
- Add a generous amount of the cold Reddi-Whip Nitro Foam, and sprinkle a little Brown Sugar on top.
- Serve, and Enjoy!