Candy Land Cookies
These Candy Cookies are so cute and perfect for parties. Perfectly decadent cookies with Candyland decorations on top, these cookies are going to be a hit with everyone, children and adults alike. Make these cookies for any special occasion and watch them disappear.
These Amazing Candy Cookies are sure to be the talk of any occasion with the fun colors, pretty candy, and tasty flavor. This simple and easy recipe is going to be the perfect eye-popping treat on a buffet table. Serve this recipe along with these colorful Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies or this 4th of July Cookies with M& M’s.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar– Every great recipe uses sugar as an ingredient.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Egg– Use this at room temperature.
- Food Coloring Gel– You will need the colors Aqua, Neon Green, Pink, Yellow, and Purple.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Powder– This will allow the cookies to rise in the oven.
- Cream Cheese– Use this softened or at room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar– This is the best sugar for homemade icing.
- Cookie Toppers– You can use Candy-Land Decorations for this recipe.
How to Make Candy Cookies
To start, add the butter, sugar, vanilla, egg, and 2-3 drops of the Aqua food coloring gel into the mixing bowl of a standing mixer and combine until light and fluffy using a whisk attachment.
First, add the flour and baking powder into another bowl, and combine.
Secondly, a little at a time, add the flour to the mixture at low speed until combined.
Thirdly, switch out the whisk attachment with a paddle attachment.
Next, combined the mixture until a smooth dough ball starts to form, and the ingredients are fully incorporated. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl as needed.
Forming the cookies:
First, use parchment paper to line two cookie sheets, and using your hands, roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls. Then, arrange onto the prepared sheets.
Secondly, place the sheet pans into the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the cookies have turned a light brown around the edges.
Thirdly, you will need to check the cookies halfway through, to make sure they have started to crack a little bit.
Next, dip a flat bottom glass into sugar, and gently press into each of the cookies to make them flatter and spread out a little more. This will help the cookies have a crinkle look to them.
Finally, take the cookies out of the oven, when they are done, and transfer them to a wire rack to cool thoroughly and while the cookies cool, you can begin to make the frosting.
How to Store?
You will want to first begin by placing the cookies into an airtight container. You can place it at room temperature or in the fridge or freezer. Storing the recipe in the fridge will help with a longer shelf life compared to room temperature.
Tips for Making These Cookies:
Some of these tips will make the recipe a lot easier to prepare and bake. First, you will want to make sure to measure your ingredients correctly and make sure the texture of the batter meets the requirements. Placing the cookie dough in the fridge is not a step, but it can help you will molding the cookies into balls and reduce stickiness. Make sure to use parchment paper on your cookie sheets to keep the cookies from sticking. The cookies will turn a light brown around the edges to know when they are done. When making the frosting, you will use a 12-inch piece of plastic wrap and use it to slightly combine the frosting to create the swirl effect.
More Candy Recipes:
- Reese’s Sandwich Cookies
- Strawberry Kiss Cookies
- Circus Animal Cookies (Soft and Chewy)
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Candy Land Cookies
- 2 Sticks of Butter - softened
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- Aqua Food Coloring Gel
- 3 cups of Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 4 Tablespoons of butter - softened
- 4 ounces of Cream Cheese - softened
- 4 cups of Powdered Sugar
- Neon Green Food Coloring Gel
- Pink Food Coloring Gel
- Yellow Food Coloring Gel
- Purple Food Coloring Gel
- 1 small bag of Candy-land decorations
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, add the Butter, Sugar, Vanilla, Egg, and 2 - 3 drops of Aqua food coloring gel, and blend until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, add the Flour, and Baking Powder, and stir well to blend. Add the flour a little at a time and mix on low to blend, until all the flour is added. Remove the Whisk attachment, and use the paddle. Continue to blend the Cookie dough until it's completely blended and a smooth ball starts to form. Scrape down the mixing bowl as needed.
- Line two cookie sheets with Parchment paper, and roll the cookie dough into small balls, about 1 inch balls, and place the balls on the Parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or just until the cookies start to turn a light golden brown around the edges. About halfway through baking the cookies, check the oven, and the cookies may have started to crack a little. Take a flat bottom glass, dip it in Sugar before lightly applying it to each cookie - smash the cookies very gently, and slightly, making them a little flatter, and spread out a little more. This will give the cookies a crinkle look.
- When the cookies are done, remove them from the oven to a wire rack to cool completely. While cookies are cooling, make the Frosting.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the softened Butter, and Cream Cheese, and blend to combine. Add the Powdered sugar a little at a time, blending after each addition, until the frosting is smooth and fluffy. Divide the Frosting evenly into Four bowls. In one bowl, add two drops of the Neon Green Food Coloring Gel, and stir to blend well. If the Frosting thinned a bit add a Tablespoon of Powdered Sugar and stir to blend.
- In the other bowl, add a few drops of the Neon Pink Food Coloring Gel, and stir to blend. If the Frosting thinned a little, add a Tablespoon of Powdered Sugar, and stir well to blend.
- Next Bowl, add the Yellow Food Coloring Gel, and stir well to blend, adding more powdered sugar if needed.
- In the last Bowl, add the Purple Food Coloring Gel, stir well to blend, and add more powdered sugar as needed to thicken.
- Using Plastic wrap (Glad wrap) tear off a piece about 12 inches wide, and place the Frosting length-wise in the middle of the plastic wrap; it will look like Four long ribbons of Frosting. Then, roll the plastic wrap around the Frosting, making sure to keep it long, or length-wise like a long ribbon. SEE PHOTO - Snip the end off of the Plastic wrap, on one end only, and place it in a Pastry bag with the large Star Tip. Pipe the frosting onto the cookies, using a swirl, and bring it up to a point. Place the Candy-land decorations on the top of each cookie. Allow the Frosting to set or firm up a bit, about 30 minutes. Serve, and Enjoy!