Caramel Apple Crisp Cups for an Easy Dessert
Can I make this apple crumble pie cup with pie filling?
What makes this apple crumble pie cups so easy to make is that you are using pre-made pie filling. While you can make your own apple pie filling you have a great recipe, it is really okay to cut yourself some slack and grab a can in the store. That’s just one of the reasons I love this recipe!
Tip: Use our suggestions and mix it up by adding in extra spices, or some caramel syrup to the mix so it is a bit elevated but still saves you time!
Can I make this as a baked apple crisp in a regular cake pan?
While this baked apple crisp is made into individual cups, you can certainly turn it into a baked apple crisp that is in a regular cake pan. Instead of forming the crust into the muffin cups, you will form the crust into the larger cake pan. Watch the bake times with the crust and each layer to make sure the apple crisp is not overcooked or undercooked.
Ingredients for apple crumble recipe with oats
- quick-cooking oats
- brown sugar
- Peanut butter
- Maple Syrup
- Apple Pie Filling
- cream cheese
- heavy cream
- powdered sugar
- Caramel Topping
How to make caramel apple crisp cups
Start this recipe by gathering all of your ingredients together so you don’t have to run back and forth while cooking. I also recommend checking temperature and preheating the oven before you begin mixing things together.
You’ll begin with the crust. This mixture will be a bit sticky, so you will want to butter your hands/fingers to press the crust into each muffin tin. Bake the crust then set aside.
Caramel Apple Crisp Cups
FOR THE CRUST:
- 3 1/2 cups quick cooking Oats
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 can Apple Pie Filling
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Caramel Topping for drizzling on top We used Smuckers
- In a large bowl, combine the Oats, butter, brown sugar, honey, peanut butter, and Maple syrup, and blend until all ingredients are well mixed. Place butter on your fingers and press the Oat mixture into a muffin tin until all the Oat mixture has been used - about 16 - 20 muffin spaces. Place the muffin tin(in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until the crusts are golden brown. Remove the muffin tin (from the oven and allow them to cool for about 20 minutes, then remove the Oat cups from the muffin tins and place on Parchment paper to continue cooling.
- Place the Apple pie filling in a heavy sauce pan on the stove over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla, and heat until thick and bubbly (about 10 - 15 minutes). Remove from heat, and fill the crisp Oat cups with the filling, and let the cups completely cool. When filled cups have completely cooled, place in the refrigerator to chill.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, make the whipped cream: This is a stabilized whipped cream, so it won't fall or break down like other whipped cream does after a few minutes. Place the softened cream cheese, vanilla, and half of the powdered sugar, and mix just until blended. Add the rest of the powdered sugar, and mix until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula, and mix on low to blend any unmixed ingredients. Add the heavy cream, and blend the ingredients together, just until mixed. Make sure all of the cream cheese mixture is blended with the cream before whipping the cream. Turn mixer on high, and whip the cream until stiff peaks form. When the cream is whipped, remove the mixing bowl from the stand, and place in the refrigerator until time to serve.
- Before serving, top the Apple Crisp Cups with the Whipped cream, drizzle with caramel, serve, and Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
2 comments on “Caramel Apple Crisp Cups”
This looks really good. Is it possible to be able to print it.
Yes! Hit the print button in the recipe box.