These Caramel Apple Crisp Cookies are amazing. With all the best flavors of caramel apples in chewy crisp cookies. Perfect for fall or all year long, Make these cookies for a special treat, a bake sale, or holiday cookie tray.
Caramel Apple Crisp Cookies
This Apple Crisp Cookies recipe is super easy to make! You may already have the ingredients in your house and all the ingredients together fit so well together. These will come out chewy and filled with apple, caramel, and cinnamon flavor. This recipe is perfect for any occasion, so be sure to save this one and share with your loved ones because this may just become a favorite!
- Apples- You will need two medium apples for this recipe.
- Lemon Juice- This will keep your apples from browning.
- Butter- You will need unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Brown Sugar- This will add richness to your cookies.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Eggs– Your eggs will need to be at room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Flour- You will need to make sure to use unbleached flour for this recipe.
- Baking Soda- This will allow your cookies to rise in the oven.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Ground Cinnamon- Cinnamon and apples are a perfect combination.
- Caramel- You will need to get the caramel baking pieces.
- Oats- You will use old fashioned oats for this recipe.
- Powdered Sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade frostings/icings.
- Water- This water will be used in your glaze mixture.
How to Make Caramel Apple Crisp Cookies
Start off by peeling, coring, and dicing your apples and add to a bowl.
Add lemon juice and toss. Then, place the apples in the fridge.
Add the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar to a large mixing bowl and cream together using a fork or hand mixer.
Pour in the vanilla and add in the eggs, then mix until smooth.
Gradually, add in the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon into the mixture and stir to combine.
Take out the apples and use a paper towel to pat them dry. Then, add in the apples and caramel pieces and fold into the mixture.
Put the dough into the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
Set your oven to 375 degrees and begin to make the crisp topping while the dough is chilling in the fridge.
Combine the butter, brown sugar, flour, and oats using a fork, pastry cutter, or your hands and mix until crumbly. Set aside.
Begin to make 1 inch balls out of your dough using a cookie scoop, the dough will still have a sticky consistency.
Place your dough balls into your oat crumble topping, then arrange 2 inches apart from each other onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
Place your baking sheets into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes. Bake until the middle is completely set and make sure to not over bake.
Take the cookies out and let the cookies cool for 5-10 minutes on the sheets before transferring over to a cooling rack to cool thoroughly.
Prepare your glaze, by combining the powdered sugar and water until a glaze consistency forms. Depending on the thickness you want, add more or less powdered sugar to the mixture.
Place on a serving platter and enjoy!
Won’t the Caramel Burn in the Oven?
These Caramel apple crisp cookies when following all the directions will come out perfectly. The caramel will be mixed into this batter will be fine during the baking process. The caramel pieces are specifically for baking and will not burn, but it’s always ok to check during the baking process.
Can I Add Pecans to Apple Cookies?
These Caramel Apple Crisp Cookies are absolutely delicious just the way they are. Although, if you want to add more things to your cookies you can. Adding things like nuts, different types of chocolate, or more. It may make the recipe even better than it is.
More Caramel Apple Recipes
- How to Make Mini Caramel Apples
- Caramel Apple Pizza
- No Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
Caramel Apple Crisp Cookies
Crisp Topping Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Peel, core, and dice apples and toss in lemon juice, and put in the refrigerator until needed.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar (you can use a fork or a hand mixer).
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well until smooth.
- Slowly stir in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until combined.
- Use a paper towel to pat the apples dry and fold apples and caramel pieces into the cookie batter.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- While your dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 375 degrees and make the crisp topping.
- Using a fork, pastry cutter, or your hands, combine the butter, brown sugar, unbleached flour, and oats until crumbly. Set aside.
- Using a cookie scoop, create 1” cookie balls with your dough (dough will be sticky).
- Roll the cookie balls in the crumb topping before placing them 2” apart on baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes until the center of the cookie is set. Do not over bake.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, combine powdered sugar and water until a smooth glaze forms. You can add more/less powdered sugar or water to get the consistency you want.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.