Our recipe for Carne Asada, a dish made with grilled and seasoned beef, will become one of your new family favorites.
Carne Asada Recipe
The marinade for this recipe is exactly why it’s so good. What’s not to love here?
Yes, you can omit the cilantro if you like. (We either love it or hate it, right?)
For more even grilling, take the skirt steak out of the refrigerator and set it out on the counter or sink for 20 or so minutes. Some people swear that bringing meat to room temperature before you grill it makes it more flavorful and allows it to cook more evenly.
I’m hardly a “food scientist” so I can’t tell you whether or not it’s true. I only know it’s something I usually do. What’s your take on making sure the steak is room temperature before grilling?
What to serve with Carne Asada
How about something super simple like corn tortillas, guacamole, and salsa? You don’t need a lot more than this recipe. It’s meant to be a fiery main dish with flavors that should be savored – not covered up by other foods. Keep it simple and let the dish speak for itself.
That said, you might want to add a batch of fresh mojitos and a delicious dessert. I suggest the Strawberry Mexican Mojito and most definitely this Margarita Cake. It uses a cup of tequila (not kidding) and pure vanilla.
Don’t be fooled by the tequila, though. You won’t get drunk, but you will definitely feel happier!
- 1 jalapeño seeded /minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 Cup cilantro chopped
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 1 orange juiced
- 2 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds skirt steak remove excess fat
- Whisk together the jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, white wine vinegar, chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the steak in the baking dish and pour the marinade on top.
- Cover the baking dish.
- Marinade the steak and refrigerate for 2-4 hours, turning it often.
- Do not marinade more than 4 hours
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Take the steak out of the baking dish.
- Using paper towels pat dry the steak.
- Lightly drizzle the steak with a touch of olive oil.
- Lightly season the steak with the salt and pepper.
- Transfer the steaks to the preheated grill.
- Grill steaks for 8 minutes per side.
- Turn once.
- Remove steaks.
- Set steaks aside for about 5 minutes.
- Large baking dish
- Paper towels