Looking for a wonderful dessert recipe to share with friends and family? These amazing Red Velvet Cookie Bars may just become a new favorite in your household and with your loved ones. This chewy and delectable dessert cookie bar recipe is so delicious and will have your loved ones coming around for seconds.
Red Velvet Cookie Bars
These cookie bars are so good and tasty! They are so simple and easy to make and you can prepare them by yourself or spend some quality time with family and friends while making this recipe. These cookie bars are packed with flavor with a soft texture. If you can’t get enough of red velvet, you will love Easy Red Velvet Cake Recipe (3-ingredients), Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes and Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for this recipe for the best results.
- Hershey Cocoa Powder– This will add a chocolatey flavor to the red velvet.
- Salt– This will help bring out all the flavors in your recipe.
- Baking Powder- This will allow your recipe to rise in the oven.
- Butter- This should be unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great recipe uses sugar in the dessert.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Red Food Coloring- Be sure to use the red coloring gel and not the liquid.
- Oreos- These will need to be chopped into small pieces.
- Cream Cheese Frosting– You will love this cream cheese frosting recipe
How to Make Red Velvet Cookie Bars
Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish by lining with parchment paper and setting your oven to 350 degrees.
Add the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Mix in the butter and powdered sugar into a large bowl and use a hand mixer to cream together until light and fluffy.
Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix.
Add the food coloring.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix.
Add in the Oreos and fold in using a rubber spatula.
Place the dough onto the prepared pan and press down, then sprinkle with the rest of the chopped Oreos.
Place into the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a tester is placed in the middle and comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and allow the bars to cool thoroughly.
Cream cheese frosting
Make the cream cheese frosting according to the recipe.
Use a spatula to spread the icing onto the finished bars evenly.
Add some sprinkles on top with more chopped Oreos.
Slice into squares, serve, and enjoy!
Can I Make These Into Actual Cookies Instead?
I always recommend giving a recipe a try before switching around any of the ingredients or anything in the recipe. These Red Velvet Bars are perfect the way they are and you are sure to fall in love. However, if you wanted to make them into cookies, you can easily scoop them into dough balls. The cooking time will vary so be sure to watch to make sure they do not burn.
Do Cookie Bars Need Icing?
These cookie bars are so good by themselves and don’t need anything added to them. This recipe uses a delicious frosting to add on top. You can also however choose to add more things if you please. But, with the rich red velvet flavor, icing is not needed.
More Cookie Bar Recipes
- Valentine Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Valentine Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- Toffee Cookie Bars Recipe
- Mint Oreo Cookie Bars
- Cheesecake Cookie Bars (7-ingredients)
Red Velvet Cookie bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder
- Using a large bowl and hand mixer, cream together the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined
- Beat in the red food coloring
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in half of the Oreos into the dough
- Press dough into the pan and sprinkle the remaining Oreos on top
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling completely
Cream cheese frosting
- Using a standing mixer, beat together until creamy the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream until creamy and stiff peaks
- Spread the frosting evenly onto the bars
- Sprinkle the Valentines Days sprinkles and chopped Oreos onto the frosting
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.