These Honey Glazed Carrots will be the perfect addition to your Holiday dinner. This delicious and easy side dish is loved by kids and adults.
The Best Honey Glazed Carrots
These glazed carrots are so delicious! This recipe is simple to make and it will be ready in no time! With a melted buttery glaze with herbs and seasonings to make a lovely side dish. So simple, but full of flavor and you will want to save this one.
Do your kids like vegetables? For my family, there are times getting the kids to eat veggies is quite a challenge. That’s why when I made these sweet and tender glazed carrots, I was thrilled that they loved them! Now this is a regular request for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner every year. If you are looking for a recipe like this that you can do in the Instant Pot, I have the perfect Brown Sugar Glazed Carrot recipe for you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
(Full amounts in recipe box below)
- Carrots- we use baby carrots.
- Butter- Salted butter is best for this recipe.
- Brown sugar- if you don’t have any brown sugar on hand, try making our easy homemade brown sugar recipe.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Parsley- This will need to be chopped and is optional for garnish.
How to Make Honey Glazed Carrots
- Put in 2-3 cups of water in a large pot or pan on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. When ready, put in the carrots and use a fork to poke to check if tender, boil for about 10-12 minutes.
- Empty the water out of the pot and put in the remaining ingredients and mix until combined and cooked with the carrots for about 2-3 minutes or until the butter is melted and the sugar in the mix is completely dissolved.
What Carrots are Best for this Recipe?
We love to use baby carrots or even petite carrots that come in the bag at the grocery store. However, you can cut larger fresh carrots into slices if you prefer with the same results.
What To Serve With Honey Glazed Carrots
I love serving these tender honey glazed carrots with a heaping serving of Mississippi Pot Roast and a fluffy scoop of mashed potatoes. Add 30-minute Dinner Rolls on the side and it’s pretty much dinnertime heaven.
How To Store Leftovers
Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can also freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat on a baking sheet in the oven or place in the microwave until warmed all the way through.
Other Favorite Side Dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Cracker Barrel Lima Beans
- Five Cup Salad
Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Fill up a large pot of water with about 2-3 cups of water. Turn the heat to medium high and wait for the water to boil. Once boiling, add in the baby carrots and cook until fork tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pot and then add in the honey, butter, sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, and garlic powder. Stir and cook all together with the baby carrots for 2-3 minutes or until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Plate and serve with finely minced fresh parsley sprinkled on top, optional.