This Cobb Salad is a delicious blend of veggies, bacon, avocado, eggs, honey mustard dressing, and tender and juicy slices of chicken.
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
This fantastic salad recipe is perfect as a lunch or dinner meal. This has a ton of protein which makes it super filling. A recipe like this is ideal for feeding a large family and can be eaten by itself or with any other food.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Vegetables: You will need your preferred mix of greens to get the perfect salad. I chose Romaine Lettuce along with avocado, cherry tomatoes, and red onion.
Protein: I love a salad that is packed with protein, so you will need sliced or diced cooked chicken (you can use any kind of chicken you want like shredded rotisserie), bacon, and boiled eggs.
Dressing: To make that deliciously sweet and tangy dressing, you will need honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. You can make the dressing richer and creamier by adding a few Tbsps of mayonnaise or non-fat greek yogurt.
Seasonings: You will just need a quick blend of garlic powder, salt, and pepper to add to the dressing.
How To Make Cobb Salad
Step 1. In a small mixing bowl, add in all the dressing ingredients and combine together using a whisk. You can also add it into a mason jar to combine by shaking. Put in some salt and pepper and adjust the flavor to your liking.
Step 2. Slice or dice the chicken, peel and slice the boiled eggs (try our hard boiled eggs in the oven method), and clean and cut the vegetables. In a serving bowl, add the lettuce on the bottom and top with the prepared chicken and vegetables. Pour the mixed dressing on top of the salad and use tongs to toss the salad until the dressing is evenly coating the ingredients. Serve right away and enjoy!
This salad already has a lot of ingredients in it to make it filling. This is a dish that will keep you satisfied. However, if you want to add even more to this delicious salad, you can add additional veggies, meat, nuts, raisins, etc.
What To Serve With Cobb Salad?
I love having this salad all by itself because it keeps me full and satisfied until the next meal. However, this recipe tastes great along with soups, casseroles, breadsticks, etc.
More Salad Recipes:
For the salad:
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped or preferred mix of greens
- 2 cups chicken cooked, sliced or diced*
- 6 pieces bacon cooked and diced
- 4 eggs boiled, peeled and sliced
- 1 large avocado pitted and sliced or diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup red onion sliced
- Add all dressing ingredients into a small mixing bowl to whisk together or into a mason jar to shake until combined. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Prepare your salad ingredients, slice the chicken, peel and slice the eggs, and wash and dice your produce.
- Place your lettuce into the bottom of your serving bowl, and top the lettuce with your sliced salad ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately, and enjoy!