Are you looking for a refreshing, light, and filling salad? This Classic Waldorf Salad is perfect! It doesn’t get any better than this. Made with only a few ingredients, it’s delicious and the perfect meal prep dish too.
Classic Waldorf Salad
The Classic Waldorf Salad is a combination of ingredients like grapes, lettuce, apples, walnuts, and more. This salad is so delicious and creamy with its lemon dressing. With a few simple steps, you can have this recipe made in no time. If salad is one of your favorite types of dishes, then you are sure to enjoy this Broccoli Salad Recipe or this Layered Jello Salad.
- Apples– You will need to be cored, and cute granny smith and gala apples.
- Grapes– You will need red grapes for this recipe.
- Celery– These will need to be cut into thin and bite-sized pieces.
- Walnuts– These will need to be toasted and chopped.
- Lettuce– You will need Bibb or Buttercup lettuce.
- Yogurt– You will need plain greek yogurt.
- Mayonnaise– This will add a creamy and smooth consistency.
- Lemon– Use fresh lemon juice for the best flavoring.
- Sugar– This will use this as a sweetener.
- Salt– This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Pepper– You will use this for taste.
How to Make Classic Waldorf Salad
To start, add all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine.
First, you will need to use the bib lettuce to line a serving bowl, then set it aside.
Secondly, you will add the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper into a small bowl, and combine.
Next, add the dressing into all of the prepared ingredients and combine, until fully incorporated.
To finish, place the salad into serving bowls using a spoon and enjoy.
How Long Can Waldorf Salad be Stored?
First, you will want to store the salad in an airtight container. The best place to store the recipe is in the refrigerator. This Waldorf salad can last up to 3 days in the fridge.
Mayo or Yogurt for Waldorf Salad?
You will actually be using both mayo and yogurt for this recipe. Two of the main ingredients for a creamy and smooth dressing for this salad are Mayo and Yogurt. You will combine plain greek yogurt and mayonnaise with other ingredients like lemon, sugar, salt, and pepper.
More Salad Recipes:
- Cranberry-Walnut Chicken Salad
- Creamy Grape Salad
- Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
Classic Waldorf Salad
- 2 cups granny smith and gala apples cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups red grapes sliced in half
- 2 cups celery sliced into thin bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup toasted walnuts chopped
- Bibb or Buttercup Lettuce for serving
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients and toss to evenly distribute.
- Line a serving bowl with Bibb lettuce and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and gently stir until well incorporated.
- Spoon the salad into the prepared bowl and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.