This Loaded Broccoli Salad is a crisp, creamy, refreshing side dish! This fresh salad is filled with broccoli, cauliflower, bacon, purple onions, cheese, and a homemade dressing your family will really love.
Loaded Broccoli Salad
Broccoli salad is a favorite side dish for a picnic, potluck dinners, a weeknight meal, and especially perfect when you are grilling chicken, steak, or burgers. But traditional broccoli salad is filled with sugar and other high-carb ingredients. While it is delicious, we needed a lower sugar alternative with fewer carbs. With that goal in mind, we whipped up this awesome Low Carb Broccoli Salad.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Ingredients For Loaded Broccoli Salad:
Full amounts in the recipe box below. To make Low Carb Broccoli Salad, here is what you will need:
- Dressing Base – plain greek yogurt and mayonnaise
- Sweetener – you will use granulated sugar and honey.
- Vinegar – red wine vinegar is used, but you can always use other vinegars like balsamic, white, white wine, etc…
- Veggies – broccoli, cauliflower and red onion.
- Bacon – use regular bacon or turkey bacon.
- Cheese – we used colby cheese, but you can use any type of shredded cheese you prefer.
For the exact measurements and instructions, see the recipe card below.
How To Make Broccoli Salad
- To start, mix together the salad dressing ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Cover the dressing and refrigerate until you are ready to add it to the salad.
- In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, onions, and bacon.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Toss the dressing until the salad is evenly coated.
Be sure to keep the salad refrigerated until you are ready to eat. Right before you serve the salad, sprinkle the top with more bacon.
Can I Use Something Other Than Greek Yogurt?
Yes! The Greek yogurt lightens the dressing without adding a lot more carbs. Some people do not like the flavor of the yogurt, so you can certainly switch it out if needed. In place of the 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt, use 1/2 cup real mayonnaise and 1/4 cup sour cream (this is in addition to the mayonnaise already called for in the recipe).
Can I Leave Out the Sugar and Honey?
If you prefer not to use granulated sugar, you can use a small amount of a low carb sugar substitute instead.
The honey is really essential to the flavor of the dressing when using Greek yogurt. However, if you are concerned about the carbs the honey adds, you can reduce the amount of honey or eliminate it altogether if you use mayonnaise in place of the Greek yogurt (see instructions in the section above). Just add a little low carb sugar substitute to sweeten the dressing.
You Will Also Love These Salad Recipes
- Broccoli Salad with Cranberries
- Dorito Taco Salad
- Low-Carb Cauliflower Salad
- Detox Salad
- Brussel Sprout Salad
- Best Creamy Pasta Salad
Low Carb Broccoli Salad
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup clover honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower florets chopped
- 12 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces Colby Jack cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Cover and refrigerate while you move on to the next steps.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, half of the bacon, cheese, and diced onion.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Top the salad with the remaining bacon.
- Serve the salad immediately.