Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is a delicious combination of pasta salad and caesar salad with chicken, penne pasta and veggies.
If you like pasta salad recipes, we have a huge list over here. A couple other top favorites of mine are Tortellini Pasta Salad and Doritos Taco Pasta Salad. There is no reason to take a plain salad to your next BBQ when there are so many new delicious recipes!
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
To make this, you’ll start with the salad and then make the dressing to add. If you plan to make it the day before, you can make both of these and then just hold off on mixing them together until you are ready to serve it.
- Penne pasta
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
How To Make Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
To begin, cook your pasta and after you drain it, set it aside to cool. If you are making your own chicken, go ahead and cook that in the oven or on the grill. To make this much faster you can grab a bag of the pre-made chicken like the Tyson Grilled & Ready from the frozen section.
Then, slice up your veggies and toss your dry ingredients (except the pasta) all together in a bowl. Next up is the dressing.
- Sour cream
- Lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
To make the dressing, simply whisk all the ingredients together. Feel free to skip the anchovies if they aren’t your thing.
Take half of this dressing and pour it over the pasta and set it in fridge for half an hour.
When that is ready, mix the salad, the pasta and the remaining dressing in one big bowl.
How Long Is Pasta Salad Good For?
Since this recipe has mayo and sour cream, it needs to stay refrigerated and is good for about two days.
What Goes With Pasta Salad?
Because this recipe has chicken, it can totally be used as a meal in my opinion. It does however, go as a great side dish for any of your favorite BBQ recipes.
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 anchovies minced
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb. penne pasta cooked
- 6 leaves Romaine lettuce thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 grilled chicken breasts diced
- 1 1/2 cups garlic croutons
- Cook and drain the pasta.
- Cook or grill the chicken. (Or use pre-packaged chicken from the deli.)
- Slice the lettuce, tomatoes and onion.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- Use half of the dressing to coat pasta in a large bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a very large mixing bowl with remaining dressing and serve.