Maple Buttermilk Pie
Do you love pie or have family and friends who would enjoy trying out a new recipe? This Maple Buttermilk Pie Recipe is deliciously sweet and creamy. Your loved ones will be wanting this pie every time they come over to your house!
Maple Buttermilk Pie Recipe
This Buttermilk Pie is so good! The recipe is simple and easy to put together. You only have a few ingredients to work with and many of them you may already have in your kitchen. This Buttermilk pie will just melt in your mouth and will be perfect to share with anyone for any occasion. Be sure to keep this one handy.
When you make pies with buttermilk, it’s really a wonderful taste experience! If you are looking for additional buttermilk pie ideas, I have a few you might enjoy! My Buttermilk Pie with Walnut Streusel is always a favorite. Another one my family enjoys is my Decadent Chocolate Buttermilk Pie. My Buttermilk Pecan Pie is one of those recipes that my guests always rave about.
- Light brown sugar- This sugar will add moisture and richness to the pie.
- Cornstarch– This will be used as a thickening agent.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the pie.
- Eggs- Make sure these are at room temperature.
- Heavy cream- This will help with consistency.
- Maple syrup- This will be added sweetener in the batter.
- Maple extract- Using pure extract will have a better taste.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Buttermilk- You can use milk with a little vinegar as a substitute.
- Sour cream- This will cut the richness of the dessert and keep it from cracking.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Pie crust- Make sure to get ready-made crust or make your own.
How to Make a Maple Buttermilk Pie
Set the oven to 375 degrees.
Add the cornstarch and salt into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Add in all the extracts, eggs, cream, and syrup and whisk to combine.
Pour in the buttermilk and combine.
Add the batter into the pie crust and then put in the center rack of the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
Take out and put on a cooling rack.
Combine the sour cream, maple extract, sugar, and vanilla and dump over the pie and bake for an additional 4 minutes.
Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge to chill overnight.
What Does Buttermilk Do In Pie?
Buttermilk is one of the best ingredients to use in desserts. In this Maple Buttermilk pie, the use of buttermilk is what makes the pie so delicious. The buttermilk will soften and add moisture to your recipe. This will help greatly with a lighter and fluffier texture.
Does This Use Real Maple Syrup?
This Maple Buttermilk pie has the sweet taste of maple added to it. The ingredients do not include real maple syrup. This recipe actually uses maple extract which is perfectly fine.
MORE PIE RECIPES
- German Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Cinnamon Roll Sweet Potato Pie
- Creamy Peanut Butter Pie
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Pie
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Pie
Maple Buttermilk Cream Pie
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 –1/2 cups buttermilk
Maple sour cream layer:
- 1½ cup sour cream
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple extract
- Ready-made pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375
- Whisk together the cornstarch and salt in a small bowl.
- Add in 4 eggs, cream, maple syrup, maple extract, and extracts.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the buttermilk and whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Place the pie onto your oven’s middle rack and bake it for 40 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven, and place it on a rack to cool.
- Mix together the sour cream, maple extract, sugar & vanilla.
- Pour over the pie and bake for 4 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Cover & chill overnight in the fridge.