Coffee Jelly Recipe
Coffee Jelly sounds a bit odd, but it’s absolutely delicious! Cubes of jelly, flavored with coffee and served in a thick, sweetened cream. This coffee jelly recipe is a favorite and yummy dessert for any occasion.
Jellies Made from Coffee
These Coffee Jellies are just phenomenal and such a unique way to enjoy a drink. Serve this recipe for breakfast in the morning, dessert, or even throughout the day. This recipe can be made ahead of time, so you can just pop them in a cup with warm creamed milk and be on the go!
What is Coffee Jelly
Coffee Jelly is a popular dessert in Japan made from slightly sweetened blackened coffee and gelatin.
Key Ingredients You Need
Gelatin – It is best to use unflavored gelatin. This will reduce the risk of flavors clashing and allow the full potential of the coffee to absorb into the gelatin and give a nice strong flavor.
Water: You will need HOT water for the gelatin to allow the ingredient to bloom. Blooming is an action in which the gelatin activates and dissolves when mixed to later be chilled and become firm Jello.
Instant Coffee: Instead of taking more time to brew fresh coffee, the instant coffee will give you a quick alternative and still give a strong flavor.
Granulated Sugar: Even though you don’t want to make your jellies too sweet, you don’t want to skip the sugar. It give the jellies a hint of sweetness.
White Chocolate Syrup: I prefer using Torani White Chocolate Syrup because it gives the best flavor and adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
How To Make Coffee Jelly
1. Gelatin. Add the warm water into a small dish and put in the gelatin. Allow it to rest for 20 minutes to bloom.
Once the 20 minutes are up, add in the sugar, instant coffee, and combine until fully incorporated and dissolved.
2. Jellies. Add the prepared gelatin into a 9 x 11-inch dish and chill in the fridge until set.
The gelatin should be firm to the tough when it comes out of the fridge. Slice the gelatin into bite-sized cubes with a butter knife.
3. Serving. Add the jellies into an 8-ounce glass halfway and top with warm milk. Drizzle white chocolate syrup in the cup and mix until dissolved. Serve and Enjoy!
How to Store Coffee Jelly Recipe?
The best storage method for these Coffee Jellies is in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container. Leaving these jellies uncovered will cause the jellies to harden. These jellies can be stored in the fridge or freezer to extend the shelf life even more.
More Coffee Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Coffee Bread
- Irish Coffee Cocktail
- Coffee Cake Banana Bread
- Raspberry Chocolate Whipped Coffee
Coffee Jelly Recipe
- 1 pkg Unflavored Gelatin we used Knox
- 3 cups Warm Water
- 3 Tbsp Instant Coffee
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp White Chocolate Syrup we used Torani
- 1 cup Warm Milk
- In a small dish, add the warm water, sprinkle the Gelatin over the water, and stir well, until Gelatin is dissolved. Allow to sit for about 20 minutes, until the Gelatin absorbs all the water – this is called ‘blooming’ the Gelatin. After 20 minutes, add the Sugar, and Instant Coffee powder, and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the Gelatin – Coffee mixture into a 9 X 11 dish, and place in the refrigerator until the Gelatin is set. Once the Gelatin is set, or firm to the touch (like Jello) Cut the Gelatin into small cubes, using a butter knife.
- Fill an 8-ounce glass half full of the Coffee Jellies cubes, and pour Warm Milk over the top. Add the White Chocolate Syrup, stir until dissolved, Serve, and Enjoy!