This Coffee Cake Banana Bread is the perfect combination of two classic baked goods. Sweet and moist, it’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
Easy Coffee Cake Banana Bread Recipe
This Coffee Banana Bread is so good! The recipe is super easy to put together and you will have a wonderful flavorful bread in under an hour. It’s so moist and tasty that it may just become one of your all-time favorite coffee cake or banana bread recipes.
Inspired by my easy banana bread recipe and my love of coffee cakes (like my blueberry coffee cake or lemon coffee cake), this recipe is quick and easy to prepare. I’m all about baked goods that require minimal effort on my part!
Want more of that great banana + crumb topping flavor? Don’t miss my banana crumb muffins!
What is Coffee Cake?
Coffee cake is a moist cake with a crumb topping and occasionally a cinnamon swirl. There’s no actual coffee in coffee cake, the name just comes from the fact that the cake is often served with coffee.
This coffee cake banana bread recipe is made with ripe bananas and pantry staples. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Bananas– It is best to make sure they are ripe.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness to your recipe.
- Vanilla extract- Best to use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Ground cinnamon- You can ground your own ingredients for the best taste.
- Sugar- Every great recipe has sugar in the recipe.
- Eggs- You will need to have your eggs at room temperature.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose for the best results.
- Baking soda- This will allow your bread to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Sour Cream- This will add moisture to your batter without thinning it.
- Butter- You will use unsalted butter to control the salt in the recipe.
How Do I Ripen Bananas Fast?
Ripening bananas is an easy process. All you need to do is take your bananas and put them in a paper bag. This will then trap the ethylene gas in the bag and ripen them faster. Note that this will likely take about 24 hours.
How to Make Coffee Cake Banana Bread
This delightfully sweet banana bread recipe comes together in no time at all.
- Make the batter. Combine the bananas, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs one at a time, beating each one until combined. Whisk the dry ingredients in another bowl, then slowly beat into the wet ingredients. Add the sour cream. Once combined, add the banana mixture.
- Make the coffee cake topping. Combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon then add in the butter. Use your fingers to pinch into crumbs.
- Bake. Transfer the bread batter to the loaf pans, then top with the crumb mixture. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy.
More Coffee Cake Recipes
- Buttermilk Coffee Cake
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Banana Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Streusel Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Coffee Cake Banana Bread Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two loaf pans
- Using a small bowl, mash the bananas, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon
- In a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until combined
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients together
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet until combined
- Beat in the sour cream until combined
- Beat in the mashed banana mixture until combined
Crumb Topping Directions
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon
- Using your fingers work the butter into the dry mixture until coarse like crumbs form
- Spoon the banana bread batter into the loaf pan
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the batter
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling before removing and serving!