I believe that bread is one of the most amazing creations on this earth. Especially, when you can turn bread into a delicious flavor. This Coffee Cake Banana bread is perfect for any occasion. You can share this with your friends and family for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It is truly a unique combination of 2 classic flavors.
Coffee Cake Banana Bread Recipe
This Coffee Banana Bread is so good! The recipe is super easy to put together and you will have a wonderful flavorful bread in under an hour. This bread is so moist and tasty, this may just become one of your favorites! This coffee cake banana bread recipe is on point with my other coffee cake favorites like Blueberry Coffee Cake with Streusel Topping and Lemon Coffee Cake with Cream Cheese Filling.
- Bananas– It is best to make sure they are ripe.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness to your recipe.
- Vanilla extract- Best to use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Ground cinnamon- You can ground your own ingredients for the best taste.
- Sugar- Every great recipe has sugar in the recipe.
- Eggs- You will need to have your eggs at room temperature.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose for the best results.
- Baking soda- This will allow your bread to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Sour Cream- This will add moisture to your batter without thinning it.
- Butter- You will use unsalted butter to control the salt in the recipe.
How to Make Coffee Cake Banana Bread
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use two loaf pans and grease them.
Add mashed bananas, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Add the butter and sugar into a standing mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
Mix in the eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk until combined.
Slowly add in the dry to the wet ingredients and beat until combined.
Add in the sour cream and beat until combined.
Mix in the mashed banana mixture in and beat until fully incorporated.
Add the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon into a medium bowl and add the butter to the mixture and use your fingers to pinch into crumbs.
Spoon the banana batter to the prepared loaf pans.
Add the prepared crumb topping evenly over the batter.
For 40-50 minutes, bake in the oven until a tester in the center comes out clean.
Let the bread cool before enjoying!
What is Coffee Cake?
Coffee cake is a moist cake tht goes perfect with your coffee. There is no actual coffee in the cake. The cake oftentimes has a streusel on top and sometimes has a cinnamon swirl throughout.
How do I Ripen Bananas Fast?
Ripening Bananas is a really easy process. All you need to do is take your bananas and put them in a paper bag. This will then trap the ethylene gas in the bag and ripen them faster.
More Coffee Cake and Streusel Topped Recipes
- Buttermilk Coffee Cake
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Banana Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Streusel Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Coffee Cake Banana Bread Ingredients
- 4 medium bananas ripe
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 C sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 TBSP Sour Cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 C flour
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 6 TBSP Unsalted butter cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two loaf pans
- Using a small bowl, mash the bananas, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon
- In a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until combined
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients together
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet until combined
- Beat in the sour cream until combined
- Beat in the mashed banana mixture until combined
Crumb Topping Directions
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon
- Using your fingers work the butter into the dry mixture until coarse like crumbs form
- Spoon the banana bread batter into the loaf pan
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the batter
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling before removing and serving!