Turkey Cranberry Sliders are the perfect meal to make with your leftover turkey. This slider recipe couldn’t be easier and they are super delicious! Simply fill Hawaiian rolls with turkey, cranberry sauce, your favorite cheese. Top with poppy seed glaze, then bake to golden brown perfection. The ultimate way to use Thanksgiving leftovers and a crowd favorite!
Turkey Cranberry Sliders
Whether you’re looking for a recipe to use your turkey leftovers or just in search of a new lunch or dinner idea, you’re going to really like this one. It is simple to make and only takes about 25 minutes.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Rolls – I highly recommend using Hawaiian buns. They’re absolutely perfect for baking any sliders. The inside of the bread stays soft and they add a bit of sweetness.
- Turkey – If you have leftover turkey or even ham, that’s perfect! But you can make these year round by simply using your favorite deli turkey meat.
- Cranberry Sauce – whole cranberry sauce or jelled will work fine. If you don’t have cranberry sauce, use any favorite jam or jelly or don’t use a sauce at all.
- Cheese – Use any favorite cheese. We typically go with Swiss cheese, havarti cheese, brie cheese, provolone or smoked gouda.
- Poppy Seed Glaze – Brush a mixture of melted butter, Dijon mustard, Brown Sugar, Worcestershire sauce and poppy seeds over the top of the buns before baking. This butter mixture gives these sliders SO much flavor. It’s a must!
How To Make Turkey Sliders
- Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half using a bread knife.
- Layer your bread with turkey, cheese and cranberry sauce on the bottom halves of the rolls. You can use a pre-made cranberry sauce or a homemade cranberry sauce recipe.
- Make the poppy seed glaze and brush over the top.
- Bake and serve immediately.
How To Use Leftover Turkey Sliders from Thanksgiving
I look forward to these Turkey Cranberry Sliders even more than the big Thanksgiving meal. The sweet and savory combo is so delicious and adding Hawaiian rolls puts these over the top!
Have some leftover stuffing as well? Add that over the cheese and bake as directed – it’s delicious!
Tips For Turkey Cranberry Sliders
- These sliders can be prepared up to 4 hours before baking. Store them covered in the fridge until you’re ready to bake and enjoy.
- Be sure to separate all the bread pieces before baking. Once it comes out of the oven it can be quite messy to cut each individual sandwich.
- Don’t forget to cover the sliders before baking with foil, so that the tops don’t burn. After 15 minutes, you can uncover the sliders and let them bake for about 5 more minutes and until golden brown.
- For best results, serve and eat these immediately after baking. If you do need to reheat them later, warm them up in the oven and not the microwave.
- This recipe as written makes 12 sliders and most people eat about 2 sliders. You can easily double the recipe to feed a crowd.
Serving Turkey Cranberry Sliders
Other Slider Recipes You Will Love:
Turkey Cranberry Sliders
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish with baking spray.
- Separate the Hawaiian Rolls, and place the bottom half of each roll into the prepared baking dish.
- Layer with turkey, cranberry sauce and cheese then place the top half of the rolls back on top.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and poppy seeds over medium heat until the butter is melted and the sugar dissolved; stir often.
- Pour mixture over the top of the buns, and use a brush or spoon to spread evenly over the top.
- Cover the dish with foil, then bake the sliders for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-6 minutes until the sliders are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Cool slightly before serving.