You’ll love Creamsicle Orange Cookies, and they’re very easy to make any time. These soft cookies filled with orange flavor and white chocolate chips are just so absolutely delicious!
Creamsicle Orange Cookies
We love this version of an orange creamsicle push pop in a cookie! They’ll remind you of carefree childhood summer days. Best of all, these are so easy to make using a cake mix. We also have another Orange Creamsicle Cookies recipe that you will love.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious orange cake mix cream cheese cookies (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Orange cake mix
- Cream cheese
- Orange extract
- Orange food coloring (optional)
- White chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
How To Make Orange Cookies
Mix up the cookie dough by first beating together the butter, cream cheese, egg, and orange flavor extract with an electric mixer. Add the orange cake mix and beat with the mixer to combine. At this point you can also add some orange food coloring to bump up the orange color. If you don’t have orange coloring, use one part red to two parts yellow.
Next, mix in the white chocolate chips. Cover the dough and chill it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
We used a cookie scoop to form 24 cookie balls. Roll each in powdered sugar.
Place the cookie dough balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. You can also add a few extra white chocolate chips to the top of each cookie.
Bake the cookies at 350ºF for 12-13 minutes, then remove to cool on a wire cooling rack.
Enjoy your Orange Creamsicle Cake Mix Cookies with an ice cold glass of milk on a warm summer day… or any time!
Can I Leave Out the White Chocolate Chips?
If you don’t have white chocolate chips or don’t prefer them, you can absolutely make this recipe without them. Just skip that ingredient but otherwise make the cookies as directed.
If this cookie recipe sounds great to you but you want to try it a different way, go for lemon! Just swap out the orange cake mix and extract for lemon cake mix and extract. You’ll also want to use just a little yellow food coloring instead of orange.
More Recipes You Will Love:
- Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Cheesy Baked Bacon Spaghetti
- S’mores Cookie Cups
- Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry Soup
Creamsicle Orange Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 box orange cake mix
- orange food coloring (or 1 part red to 2 parts yellow) optional
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, orange extract, cream cheese, and egg with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the cake mix and mix well.
- Optional: add orange food coloring if desired until the cookie dough reaches your desired orange color.
- Stir the white chocolate chips into the cookie dough. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Form the dough into 24 balls. Roll each in the powdered sugar and then place on the parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies at 350F for 12-13 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, then remove from the pan and finish cooling on a wire cooling rack.