These Creepy Monster Jello Shots are the spookiest shots out there! Their deep purple jello shots have monster eyes throughout with a rim of purple sugar.
Scary Spooky Shots
These shots are super cool to look at and they look at you too! These shots are so creepy and make the perfect treat for any Halloween occasion or party. This recipe is eye-popping, to say the least, and makes a great conversation piece. These will for sure be a hit!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Jello: You will need grape jello for this recipe, but you can try other colors as well!
Vanilla Vodka: Use vanilla vodka to add more flavor to the jello.
Decorate: You will need candy eyes to make the monster eyes and use dark purple decorating sugar for the rim.
How To Make Monster Jello Shots
Step 1. Bring two cups of water to a boil in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan. Switch off the heat and take it off the burner before mixing in the grape jello. Allow the jello to dissolve for about 2 minutes before adding in another 2 cups of water, but cold this time. Allow the jello to cool before adding the Vodka.
Step 2. In a shallow dish, pour in the purple sugar and dip the rim of the glasses into the jello mixture before coating it in the sugar. Arrange the shot glasses on a baking tray and let the sugar rims set for about 20 minutes. Add the jello mixture into the prepared glasses using a spoon or a ladle. Place the filled shot glasses into the fridge.
Step 3. When the jello is almost set, put in the candy eyes. (you may have to push the eyes into the jello). Also, set a few eyes on top of the jello before allowing the jello to finish setting overnight for best results. Serve and Enjoy!
Can I Make Monster Jello Shots A Different Color?
Yes! You can definitely make these shots a different color. The purple fits the monster vibe, but you can make them red with cherry jello, green with lime jello, or even blue with blue Raz jello!
How To Decorated:
I love decorating these shots and one of the biggest reasons why is because of the eyes! You get to decorate these with eyes as well as purple sugar for the rim of the glass.
More Jello Shot Recipes:
Creepy Monster Jello Shots
- 1 large package Grape Jell-o
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Vanilla Vodka
- 1 package Candy Eye's assorted sizes
- Dark Purple Decorating Sugars to rim the glasses
- In a large heavy-bottomed Sauce Pan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, and turn off the heat. Remove the pan from the burner, and stir in the Grape Jello, until dissolved about 2 minutes. When Jello is dissolved, add 2 cups of Cold Water, and let Jello Cool in the Pan. When Jello is cool, add the Vodka, and stir well.
- Place the Purple Sugars in a shallow dish, dip the rims of the plastic shot glasses in the Jello mixture, and then in the Sugars to coat the rims. Place the dipped shot glasses on a cookie sheet, and allow the Sugars to set/harden on the glasses, for about 20 minutes. Spoon or ladle the Grape Jello mixture into the glasses, filling them with the Jello. Once all the glasses have been filled, place the Cookie Sheet in the Refrigerator. When the Jello is partially set, place the Eyes down in the Jello in the glasses (You may have to push the Eyes down in the Jello – you can use a drinking straw to push them). Place Eyes on the top of the Jello, and then let the Jello set completely – overnight in the refrigerator.
- When the Jello is set, the Jello shots can be served. Enjoy!
- Plastic Shot Glasses – See link
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.