Garlic Bread Pizza (Texas Toast)
When you need a delicious and kid friendly recipe that can be made in a snap, Garlic Bread Pizza are just right! Made start-to-finish in 10 minutes, these individual Texas Toast pizza recipe will be a favorite to your weekly dinner rotation. Crisp and buttery garlic bread slices topped with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings–a ton of flavor packed into each delicious slice.
Garlic Bread Pizza
Everyone loves pizza night, and making these Garlic Bread Pizza is a really fun take on everyone’s favorite food. In less time than it would take to have pizza delivered, you can make personal pizzas in your own oven. We loved the flavor and the fact that it’s easy to customize each mini pizza for the preferences of each person.
Who knew there were so many wonderful ways to make pizza fast and easy?! Check out these other deliciously quick pizza-inspired recipes: Easy Air Fryer Pizzas | Pepperoni Pizza Wontons | Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Crescent Rolls | Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole | Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
Here’s what you’ll need to make Garlic Bread Pizzas (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Frozen garlic toast – any brand that you like will work. We used the regular garlic toast, not the type with cheese since we will be adding cheese.
- Pizza sauce – pizza sauce from a jar is perfect for this recipe because it’s thicker than pasta sauce.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – you can also use a pizza cheese blend.
- Pizza toppings of your choice – we used pepperoni and also made some with just cheese, but you can get creative. Just be sure to use toppings that are fully cooked and ready to eat.
How to Make Garlic Bread Pizza
Bake the garlic toast on a baking sheet according to the package directions, just until golden brown. I baked mine for 4 minutes at 425F, then flipped them and baked for another 2 minutes, just to be sure they were toasted on both sides.
Top the garlic toast with pizza sauce.
Tip: go light on the pizza sauce as too much sauce will soak into the bread and make it soggy.
Next, add the cheese.
Tip: for easy cleanup, line the baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat.
Now you can add the toppings of your choice. We used pepperoni and also left some plain with just sauce and cheese.
Place the baking sheet of the garlic toast pizza in the oven and broil for 2-4 minutes, just until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
Tip: watch the pizzas closely during the broiling as they can burn quickly.
Pizza Topping Ideas
Be sure to use fully cooked and ready to eat pizza toppings.
- Cooked ground Italian sausage
- Cooked grilled chicken
- Tomato slices
- Fresh basil (add the basil under the cheese so it doesn’t burn, or add it right after cooking the pizzas)
- Italian seasoning blend
- Parmesan cheese
- Sliced fully cooked ham
How to Store Texas Toast Pizza Leftovers
If you have any leftover Garlic Bread Pizzas, keep them in an airtight food storage container or a zip top bag in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for up to three days.
To reheat, we find it’s best to bake them in the oven at 350F for a few minutes until hot. Microwaving is another option, but the bread does tend to get soggy.
More Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Garlic Bread Pizza
- Frozen garlic toast
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza toppings of your choice optional
- Bake the garlic toast on a baking sheet according to the package directions, just until golden brown.
- Top the garlic toast with pizza sauce, cheese, and the pizza toppings of your choice. Tip: go light on the pizza sauce as too much sauce will soak into the bread and make it soggy.
- Place the baking sheet of garlic toast pizzas in the oven and broil for 2-4 minutes, just until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Tip: watch the pizzas closely during the broiling as they can burn quickly.