It doesn’t have to be a special occasion for you to enjoy this Crockpot Marry Me Chicken recipe. It’s a delicious and easy dinner worthy of a marriage proposal that is easy to prepare as a bonus!
A Quick and Easy Chicken Dinner
This chicken dish is made with a rich and creamy sundried tomato sauce that is packed with flavor. It has cream and garlic to add boldness and creaminess that’s absolutely craveable. If you have heard of this recipe before, you have got to try it in the Crockpot! Never heard of it before? It all started as a viral recipe on Tiktok that’s supposed to be so good that your significant other will want to marry you after eating it.
Watch The Recipe Video!
There is also a stovetop version of Marry Me Chicken that is just as delicious. Sometimes I like to save time on cooking and throw all of the ingredients into the slow cooker, and that’s where this recipe comes in super handy – especially after a long and busy week.
Ingredients You’ll Need
This simple recipe only requires chicken, seasonings, and the ingredients to make the creamy sauce.
- Chicken Breast: Boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts are best for this recipe.
- Chicken Broth
- Cornstarch: This helps to thicken the sauce.
- Heavy Cream
- Garlic: Freshly minced or pre-minced from the grocery store will work.
- Italian Seasoning
- Onion Powder
- Sun Dried Tomatoes: Whole or precut.
- Butter: Cut it into slices or cubes.
- Basil: Fresh for an optional garnish.
How to Make Crockpot Marry Me Chicken
Here are the step-by-step directions for setting up your Marry Me Chicken in the crockpot.
- Brown the Chicken. Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and brown the chicken for about 2 minutes on each side using a small amount of olive oil. This is just for color; the chicken will finish cooking in the crockpot.
- Add the Chicken. After removing it from the skillet, place the browned chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix the Sauce. Combine chicken stock, heavy cream, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and paprika, and stir well.
- Add to the Slow Cooker. Pour the sauce on top of the juicy chicken breasts.
- Top With Butter and Tomatoes. Add the sundried tomatoes and butter to the top of the chicken and sauce.
- Cook. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Garnish and Serve. Top with fresh basil and serve over pasta or rice (cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, etc…. for a low carb dinner). Enjoy!
Tips For Crockpot Marry Me Chicken
Here are some answers to FAQs about this recipe for slow cooker Marry Me Chicken.
- Chicken. If you want to save time, you can skip browning the chicken on the stove. I like to give the chicken a nice golden brown for extra flavor, but you don’t have to.
- Serving Ideas. Serve over your favorite pasta like angel hair or fettuccine. You can also make rice or a vegetable like broccoli or green beans.
- Sauce. When stirring the sauce, use a whisk to remove any lumps from the cornstarch.
- Garnish. Add parmesan cheese as a garnish as well!
- Chicken Temperature. Use a thermometer to check the chicken before enjoying it. It should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees F to reach the perfect tender chicken breast.
- Low Fat. Substitute half and half for heavy cream to cut out some calories.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Store leftover crockpot Marry Me Chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. This creamy chicken can be reheated in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl.
Can I Freeze This?
I wouldn’t recommend storing this recipe in the freezer. The sauce’s texture will be different and likely not be as creamy and smooth when reheated. I would only store it in the refrigerator.
Can I use Chicken Thighs instead of Chicken Breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in this recipe. Keep in mind that chicken thighs have more fat than chicken breasts, so the dish may be richer and more flavorful. Adjust the crock pot cooking time accordingly to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked.
More Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Crockpot French Onion Chicken
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Tacos
- Crockpot Chicken and Gravy
- Slow Cooker Tropical Chicken
Crockpot Marry Me Chicken
- In a large skillet over medium high heat quickly brown each side of the chicken breasts for about 2 minutes per side, you are just looking to get some color on the outside of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl combine the chicken stock, cornstarch and cream until well mixed.
- Mix in the garlic, italian seasoning, onion powder and paprika.
- Pour the sauce mix all over the chicken.
- Top with the sundried tomatoes and butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Garnish with basil.
- Serve over pasta!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- You can use chicken thighs if you like.
- You can slice or shred the chicken to serve.
- You can add spinach or mushrooms to the slow cooker too.
- Parmesan cheese would be great on top of this.
- This is also delicious over rice or mashed potatoes.