Having a great cake recipe is something we should all have in our possession. You always want a good recipe, whether it is to share with friends and family at a party or get together or just to enjoy at home. This Crockpot Pineapple Upside Down Cake may be the perfect start for a cake to try.
Crockpot Pineapple Upside Down Cake
This Upside Down Cake is super good and extremely easy to make and put together. This slow cooker recipe is so easy that it may just become a new favorite cake recipe. This is the crock pot version of our traditional Pineapple Upside Down Cake. We also have Mini Upside Down Pineapple Cupcakes that you will want to check out. If you love making dessert in the slow cooker, you have to also check out Slow Cooker Raspberry Zinger Cake.
- Cake Mix- You will need to use Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix.
- Oil- You can use vegetable or canola oil.
- Eggs- Make sure these are used at room temperature.
- Half n Half- This will help with moisture and consistency.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Pineapple- You will need these prepared by slicing them.
- Cherries- You can use Maraschino cherries to add on top of the pineapple slices.
- Brown Sugar- This will add moisture and richness to your recipe.
- Coconut- You will need to use sweetened coconut and prepare it by shredding.
- Whipped Cream- This is an optional topping to add to the finished cake.
How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the Crockpot.
Use cooking spray to grease your crock-pot.
Place half a stick of butter into the crockpot on high.
Add slices of pineapple to the bottom of the pot when the butter is completely melted.
Place one cherry on each piece of pineapple, then add some brown sugar, and coconut on top.
Seal the lid to the crockpot, then begin to make your batter.
Add the cake mix, 1/3 cup of oil, eggs, and 1 cup of half n half to a bowl of a standing mixer. Combine all the ingredients in the bowl on low, then switch to medium-high, and combine for about 2 minutes.
Use a spatula to scrape any excess batter off the sides of the bowl and blend again until everything is fully incorporated.
Add the batter over top of the pineapples and let it cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the cake is set, and it bounces back when touched.
Let the cake cool down before cutting into squares.
Serve with whipped cream and extra cherries if desired and Enjoy!
Can I Use a Crock-Pot Liner For This?
For this Upside down, you will be using cooking spray and butter to keep the cake from sticking to the sides. However, if you want to add a liner to your crock-pot you can. Having a liner when cooking something for a couple of hours allows easier removal from the pot and easy clean up.
Can I Use Fresh Pineapple for Pineapple Cake?
For this Upside Down cake and many others, using fresh fruit is always best. Sometimes I recommend freeze-dried, canned, frozen, or fresh. However, for this recipe, the best option is fresh or canned. Using fresh ingredients enhance flavor.
More Cake Recipes
- Carrot Sheet Cake (Cream Cream Frosting)
- Best Chocolate Cake Recipe (Rich and Moist)
- Kentucky Butter Cake
- Gingerbread Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Butter Pecan Sheet Cake
CROCKPOT PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- 1 Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme cake mix
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of half n half
- 1/2 stick of Butter
- 1 can of Pineapple Slices
- Maraschino Cherries
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar - firmly packed
- 1 Cup of Shredded sweetened Coconut
- Whipped cream to top - if desired
- Spray the Crock-Pot with the Cooking Spray. Turn the Crock-Pot on high, and melt the 1/2 stick of butter in the Crock-Pot. When the butter is melted, add the pineapple slices, lining the bottom with the slices. Add a Cherry to the center of each pineapple slice. Sprinkle Brown Sugar, and Coconut over the brown sugar. Place the lid on the Crock-Pot.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the Pineapple Supreme cake mix, 1/3 cup of Oil, 3 large eggs, and 1 cup of half n half, and mix on low until blended, then turn the mixer to medium-high, and mix for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl after 1 minute, and mixing until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour cake mix in Crock Pot over Pineapple/Coconut mixture, and allow to cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until cake is done, and springs back when touched. Allow to cool, cut in squares, serve, and Enjoy!