If your a lover of cake and enjoy the many varieties of cake out there, then you will love to try this new recipe. This Butter Pecan Sheet Cake is so delicious and will have you wanting to share it with your friends and family right away. This recipe may just make you fall in love.
Butter Pecan Sheet Cake
This Butter Pecan Cake is so good and super simple to make! This recipe only has a few select ingredients and some ingredients you may already have. This cake is sweet, nutty, and moist, and perfect for any occasion, and being that we always can use a great recipe, sharing this with your loved ones will make this recipe a go-to in your household.
I don’t think you can ever have too many sheet cake recipes! If you enjoy making sheet cakes then I have a few that you must try! My Blackberry Margarita Sheet Cake that is made with Tequila is amazing! Of course, there is nothing better than a cake bursting with zesty lemon flavors! If you enjoy the combination of caramel and apples, then this easy to make sheet cake is one you gotta try!
- Light brown sugar- This sugar will add richness to the dessert.
- Shortening- You need vegetable shortening for this recipe.
- Water- This water will need to be warm.
- Eggs- The eggs should be at room temperature.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose for the best results.
- Ground cinnamon- You can ground your own ingredients for the best taste.
- Ground nutmeg- This will add a wonderful aroma to the recipe.
- Baking soda- This will allow the bread to rise in the oven.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Pecans- These will need to be chopped for the recipe.
- Coconut- You will need to have unsweetened coconut.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade frosting.
- Milk- You will need to use whole milk for this recipe.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
How to make Butter Pecan Sheet Cake
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use Pam to spray a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Add the sugar and shortening into a large bowl and beat to combine.
Next, add in the warm water and eggs and beat again to combine.
Add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt into another large bowl and whisk to combine.
Slowly combine both mixtures of dry and wet ingredients.
Add in 2 C of chopped pecans and fold into batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until a tester placed in the center comes out clean.
While you let it cool on the counter for about 10 minutes, begin to make the frosting.
Add all the frosting ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine.
Evenly pour over the cake and spread evenly.
You can serve immediately with ice cream or whipped cream!
How Do You Make Butter Pecan Cake from Scratch?
This Pecan Sheet cake recipe is rather simple to make. The recipe includes a few ingredients to make the batter. You just need basics like flour, baking soda, pecans, sugar, cinnamon, and a few other ingredients. These will make the best batter from scratch.
Why is it Called a Sheet Cake?
So, to people’s surprise, not many people know the origin of why it is called a sheet cake. They can give a rough idea of it though. The main reason they think it is called a sheet cake is because of the size of it, this cake is much larger compared to normal cakes.
Does This Use Real Butter for Flavor?
For this sheet cake recipe, the butter flavor is very simple to make. Of course in this recipe, you use butter, but that is used mostly for the frosting. To create the butter flavor for the actual cake, the recipe uses vegetable shortening.
What is in a Butter Pecan Cake?
Butter Pecan Cake doesn’t have too many complex ingredients to use. You only use a couple of ingredients to make the batter. You have your fry ingredients, the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. And, the wet ingredients being the shortening, eggs, and warm water.
MORE SHEET CAKE RECIPES
- Lemonade Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- Triple Chocolate Mint Cake
- Triple Berry Cake
Butter Pecan Sheet Cake
- 2 C light brown sugar
- 1 C vegetable shortening
- 1 C warm water
- 2 large eggs
- 3 C flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 C chopped pecans
- 1 ½ C unsweetened coconut
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 1 ½ C powdered sugar
- ¼ C whole milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray
- Using a large bowl, beat together until combined and smooth the sugar and shortening
- Beat in the warm water and eggs until combined
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined
- Fold in the 2 C chopped pecans
- Scoop the batter into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Once baked, allow to cool on the counter for 10 minutes while you make the frosting
- Using a large bowl, mix together all frosting ingredients until combined
- Spread evenly over the cake
- Serve warm with some vanilla bean ice cream and whipped cream!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.