This Crockpot Sweet and Sour Pork is better than takeout and so easy to make! You get crispy and tender pork pieces mixed with bell peppers, onion, and pineapple with a sweet and savory sauce.
Easy Sweet & Sour Pork Recipe
When you need a delicious dish that can be ready in time for dinner that doesn’t take much effort, you will love this sweet and sour pork recipe. You will have a stunning plate of juicy pork with various flavorful veggies to serve to your family. All you need to do is pop the prepped ingredients into the slow cooker and wait for it to work its magic!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pork: You will need boneless pork chops (boneless pork loin or pork tenderloin) with cornstarch and oil to make the pieces crispy and tender.
- Vegetables: I like to use a combination of green and red bell pepper, sweet onion, and scallions.
- Sauce: you’ll need sugar, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, low-sodium soy sauce, and ketchup to make the sweet and sour sauce.
- Flavoring: I like to use sugar, brown sugar, pineapple chunks with juice, garlic, ginger, pepper, and sesame seeds to add a savory and sweet flavor.
How To Make Crockpot Sweet and Sour Pork
- Cook the meat. Toss the pork (cut into 1-inch pieces) in cornstarch. In a large skillet, add the oil and cook on medium-high to brown the meat. You don’t need to cook the meat through, just add some color. In the slow cooker, add the browned pork along with chopped bell peppers, onions, and pineapple (reserve the juice)
- Make the sweet and sour sauce. Add the sugar, brown sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, soy, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and pepper into a small mixing bowl and combine. Add on top of the meat in the crock pot and mix to combine.
- Cook the ingredients. Cook for 4 hours on low making sure to mix once or twice so the sugar doesn’t burn. Top with scallions and sesame seeds for garnish. Serve and enjoy!
What To Serve with this Crockpot Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe?
You can serve this dish with many side dishes and other things. Pile this recipe onto a bed of rice or mashed potatoes. You can also do some of the optional side dishes below for an even more bountiful dish for dinner.
Tips & Tricks
- Place leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- You can add a Tbsp of cornstarch with 2 Tbsp of water to thicken a thin sauce.
- To add a kick of spice, you can add some red pepper flavors.
- If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, an easy substitution is rice vinegar or even white vinegar.
- Not a fan of pork? No problem, replace the pork with chicken.
More Delicious Pork Recipes:
- Pork Roast
- Pork Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork)
- Pork Chop Casserole
- Harvest Pork With Apples
Crockpot Sweet and Sour Pork
- 2 lbs. pork chops boneless, cubed
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 20 oz pineapple chunks with the juice
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce low-sodium
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Sesame seeds and scallions for garnish
- Coat your pork pieces in cornstarch. Heat up the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the pork quickly in the pan. We are not looking to cook the pork through, just get a little color on each side. Place the browned pork in the slow cooker. Add the chopped bell peppers, onion, and pineapple (reserve the juice).
- In a small mixing bowl combine the sugar, brown sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, soy, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and pepper. Pour the sauce over the pork in the slow cooker and stir. Cook on low for 4 hours, stirring once or twice to make sure the sugars are not burning. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds and serve over white rice