Decadent Chocolate Buttermilk Pie
If you need an amazing dessert to share with your friends and family at home or for a special occasion. This Chocolate Buttermilk Pie Recipe will be the perfect dessert for you. You will have one of my favorite desserts, that taste like it is straight from a bakery.
Chocolate Buttermilk Pie
This Buttermilk Pie is super delicious! This recipe is a simple dessert with a list of ingredients that create an amazingly creamy, moist, and chocolatey dessert. You can have this pie recipe made in half an hour and it may just become one of your favorites too!
- Pie shell- This will need to be a deep-dish and you can buy premade or make your own.
- Butter- You will use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar– Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Cocoa powder- This will be used in your batter for that chocolate flavor, use dark Hershey flavor.
- Flour- You should use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Eggs– Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Buttermilk- You can use milk with vinegar as a substitute.
- Lemon Juice- Using fresh lemon juice will give you the best result.
- Vanilla extract- You should use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Chocolate chips– You will need to use the semi-sweet and mini chips.
- Heavy whipping cream- Whipping cream is the best for topping off desserts.
- Fresh Chocolate Whipped Cream- This will be used for garnish.
How to Make a Chocolate Buttermilk Pie
Set your oven to 350 degrees.
Add in the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
Pour in the flour, cocoa, salt, and eggs and beat until smooth.
Pour in the buttermilk, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix until well blended and slightly curdled.
Add in the batter to the 9″ pan. I prefer using a deep dish.
Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Set aside on the counter to cool thoroughly.
Put in the fridge to finish cooling overnight.
Add the heavy cream into a small pot and bring to a boil.
Add the chocolate chips into a medium bowl and pour in the heavy cream and let rest for 1 minute until melted.
Stir until well combined.
Evenly pour the mixture on top of the pie.
Add whipping cream to a piping bag and dollop on the edges of the pie.
Add some mini chocolate chips on top.
You will need to let it chill for a bit longer before serving!
Does This Pie Actually Have Buttermilk?
This Buttermilk Pie does indeed use buttermilk in the recipe. The buttermilk will add incredible flavor to your recipe. This will also help with the creamy and moist texture of your pie.
What Can I Substitute In Place of Buttermilk?
This recipe will need buttermilk for the best result but, if you do not have buttermilk though, there is another alternative. You can use milk with a bit of vinegar and it will give you the same result.
More Chocolate Pie Recipes
Chocolate Buttermilk Pie
- 1 9 in premade deep-dish pie shell
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- ¼ C dark Hershey cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Ganache ingredients
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 C mini chocolate chips
- Fresh Chocolate whipped cream for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl till creamy.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, salt, and eggs. Beat till smooth. Add buttermilk, lemon
- juice, and vanilla and blend well. (Mixture may appear curdled.)
- Pour filling into a 9" pie crust. I like to use a deep dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Allow cooling completely on the counter
- Place into the fridge overnight
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy cream to a boil
- Pour over the chocolate chips in a medium bowl and let sit for 1 minute
- Whisk until smooth
- Spread evenly onto the top of the buttermilk pie
- Pipe dollops of the whipped cream onto the edge of the pie
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips
- Chill for an hour before enjoying it!