Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pie is a delicious dessert that can be served at any event. This pie has been around since the early 1900s and it’s still going strong! You’ll love this pie because it tastes like home.
Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pie
Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pie is a gooey, sweet, and chocolatey dessert. This Kentucky Pie is so delicious with a great flavor and texture. This recipe is great for any occasion and everyone is sure to love it. Pie recipes are one of the most popular types of desserts, so if you enjoy this recipe or love pies in general, then you will love this Blueberry Pie Recipe or this Lemon Meringue Pie.
- Pie Crust– You can use a premade or homemade crust.
- Sugar– This is always used in the best dessert recipes.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Egg– Use these at room temperature.
- Vanilla– Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Salt– This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Chocolate Chips– You will need semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe.
- Walnuts– These will need to be chopped to prepare.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– This will help with the consistency of your dessert.
How to Make Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pie
To start, set the oven to 325 degrees. Then, on a cookie sheet, place the premade pie shell.
First, add the melted butter, flour and sugar into a large bowl, and beat to combine until creamy.
Secondly, add in the eggs and vanilla and beat to combine.
Thirdly, use a spatula to add in the chocolate chips, and walnuts and fold to combine.
Next, place the prepared batter into your pie shell, and place it into the oven for 55 to 65 minutes.
In addition, you will allow the pie to cool thoroughly before topping it with the chocolate ganache.
First, add the cream into a small pot and bring it to a simmer.
Secondly, in a medium bowl, add in the chocolate chips, and pour the hot cream on top.
Thirdly, use a whisk to combine until smooth.
Next, add the ganache on top of the pie, and use a spoon to spread evenly.
Furthermore, you can top it with mini chocolate chips.
To finish, allow the ganache to firm before serving.
What is Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pie?
The Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pie is a chocolate pie with a walnut tart. It’s made with a tasty and crumbly premade shell. To make the pie, you will use walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
How to tell when it is done?
You are able to tell when a pie is done based on the crust. The crust of pies will begin to turn a light or golden brown when it’s done. You can also check the internal temperature of a pie using a thermometer to see if it has reached 175.
More Pie Recipes:
Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pie
- 1 – 9 in premade pie crust
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 and place the premade pie shell onto a cookie sheet
- Using a large bowl, beat the melted butter, flour and sugar until creamy
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts
- Pour the batter into the pie shell and bake in the oven for 55-65 minutes
- Allow cooling completely before topping with chocolate ganache
- Using a small pot, bring the cream to a simmer
- Pour the chocolate chips into a medium bowl and then pour the hot cream over it
- Whisk until smooth
- Spoon the ganache onto the pie and spread evenly
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top
- Allow the ganache to harden before enjoying