Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate! This Homemade Double Chocolate Pie is to die for. This chocolate pie will just melt in your mouth with the first bite. Delicious chocolate pie topped with a creamy white chocolate ganache.
Double Chocolate Pie
This Homemade chocolate pie is so delicious! Baked to perfection, this chocolate pie is so soft and delectable. After being baked, the pie is topped with a tasty and sweet white chocolate ganache. This recipe will be a great addition to any dessert buffet or upcoming BBQ or Picnic. Also, you will definitely want to make this Triple Chocolate Cake or this Chocolate Chip Cookies (Best Ever) along with it.
- Pie Crust- You will need a ready-made pie crust.
- Cocoa Powder– This will give you a chocolate flavor.
- Eggs- Use these at room temperature.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavoring.
- Salt– This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Milk– You will use evaporated milk for this recipe.
- Heavy Cream- This will help with the consistency of the ganache.
- White Chocolate wafers– These will be melted into the ganache.
How to Double Chocolate Pie
- To start, set the oven to 325 degrees.
- First add the flour, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Secondly, pour the milk into the mixture and combine.
- Thirdly, add the eggs, and cocoa mixture into a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Next, pour the vanilla and the butter into the cocoa mixture, and use a hand mixer to combine until smooth.
- Finally, add the butter into the ready-made pie shell and place it in the oven for 50-60 minutes to bake.
White Chocolate Ganache
- To start, In a medium-size bowl, put in the white chocolate wafers and set aside.
- First, add the cream into a small pot, and cook on low heat, while stirring regularly.
- Secondly, right when it starts to boil, and bubbles begin to appear around the sides of the pot, take away from the heat and add on top of the chocolate wafers.
- Thirdly, allow the mixture to sit for 2-3 minutes, then combine until smooth.
- Next, allow the ganache to reach room temperature, then pour over the pie.
- To finish, allow it to cool and set.
How to Store Double Chocolate Pie?
You will first need to decide if you want to place them in the fridge, freezer, or at room temperature. Either way, you will need to place the cookies into an air-tight container. Keeping the pie at room temperature will shorten the shelf life.
What is White chocolate ganache?
White chocolate ganache is the same as regular ganache with a slight difference. First, instead of using chocolate chips, you will use white chocolate wafers to melt and mix with cream. This will be added on top of the homemade chocolate pie.
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone White Chocolate Cocoa Bombs
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Chocolate Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Tops
Double Chocolate Pie
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl add flour, sugar, salt, and cocoa together.
- Whisk to combine.
- Now add the milk to the flour mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs and add to the cocoa mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the vanilla and butter to the cocoa mixture.
- Use a hand mixer and beat it until the mixture gets smooth.
- Now, pour this batter into the pie shell.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Begin the white chocolate ganache
- Add white chocolate wafers to a medium-sized bowl and set them aside.
- In a small pot, heat cream over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Heat until just before boiling, bubbles will start to appear in the
- cream at the edge of the pot.
- Remove the cream from the heat and pour over the chocolate wafers.
- Let stand for 2-3 minutes and then stir until completely smooth.
- Let the white chocolate ganache cool to room temperature.
- Pour the ganache on top of the pie.
- Set to the side to cool.