Double Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Calling all chocolate and pumpkin lovers! This recipe will by far blow your taste buds away. This Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe is sweet and chocolatey and will be a great bread recipe to use for a breakfast treat, dessert, or part of brunch.
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
This delicious chocolate pumpkin bread recipe is an amazing twist on favorite flavors. The classic combination of flavors come together to create a moist, sweet bread. With the addition of a little bourbon and this chocolate pumpkin bread is sheer perfection. Sweet breads like these, Pumpkin Streusel Bread, Apple Fritter Bread Recipe, and Almond Lemon Bread Recipe, are great for breakfast or to use for brunch.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Flour- Use all purpose flour.
- Hershey Dark Cocoa Powder- Cocoa powder gives a delicious chocolate flavor.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice- Pumpkin Pie Spice makes adding flavor easy.
- Baking soda- This will help with the rise and doubling of your batter.
- Kosher salt- The salt will bring out all of the flavors.
- Pumpkin puree- Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Light Brown Sugar- This will add for a richer flavor than regular white sugar.
- Canola Oil- You can always use vegetable oil as a substitute or vice versa.
- Buttermilk- This will add moisture to your bread and make it more fluffy in texture.
- Eggs- Room temperature eggs are best.
- Pure vanilla extract- For best flavoring always use pure vanilla.
- Bourbon- The bourbon is for a flavoring.
- Chocolate chips- This will be folded into your batter and used for garnish as well.
How to Make Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Using Pam baking spray, coat your 9×5 loaf pan with a thin layer and turn on your oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
With a medium mixing bowl, whisk your ingredients together well with flour, cocoa, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt
With a larger mixing bowl, beat your ingredients, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, canola oil, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and bourbon until well combined.
Slowly stir and whisk in your dry ingredients, then gently using a ¾ C, fold in your chocolate chips.
Take something to use to scoop the batter into the loaf pan evenly and smoothly.
Take your pan with your batter and put in your oven for 30 minutes, then when your time is up, garnish the remainder of your chocolate chips onto the top of your bread.
After that, place your bread bake in the over for 20 to 30 minutes or until your tester comes out completely clean and set aside to cool thoroughly until ready to serve.
Can I Freeze This Sweet Bread Recipe?
Yes, it is possible to store this bread in the freezer. For long lasting bread, be sure to seal correctly when you place in your freezer. The bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. Wrap your Sweet Bread tightly in aluminum foil and place in a freezer bag. When ready to remove from the freezer, make sure to remove the night before and have it thaw overnight in the fridge.
Can I Add More Chocolate Chips to This Bread?
Chocolate chips are an excellent addition to a bread recipe. This bread actually calls for these delicious sweet treats in the recipe. So, yes you can add more chocolate chips in this bread.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
Best Ever Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 C Flour
- ½ C Hershey Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ C pure pumpkin puree
- ¾ C Light Brown Sugar
- ½ C Canola Oil
- ¼ C buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Bourbon
- 1 C chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray your 9x5 loaf pan with pam baking spray
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt
- Using a large bowl, beat together until combined the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, canola oil, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and bourbon
- Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients
- Fold in ¾ C of the chocolate chips
- Scoop and smooth batter into the loaf pan
- Place into the oven for 30 minutes
- When the 30 minutes is up, sprinkle remaining chocolate chips onto the top of the bread
- Continue to bake for another 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely before enjoying!