You have to try this amazing Pumpkin Streusel Bread recipe. Quick and easy, similar to bread, this pumpkin crumble is a delicious breakfast or simple dessert. Enjoy this bread during the fall months or enjoy any time of the year.
Pumpkin Streusel Bread
This Pumpkin Streusel Bread recipe is a quick and easy treat that is so easy to make. Enjoy the warm and lovely scent of the pumpkin as it fills your house. The sweet flavorful bite will be the best experience you and your family will fall in love with. Use this bread as a delicious addition to your fall brunch or as a simple dessert.
You will also want to give our Streusel Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread a try. Very similar, but with the addition of chocolate chips.
- Flour- Use all purpose flour for the best result.
- Salt- Salt will bring out the flavoring in any dessert.
- Baking soda- This will help with the rising.
- Ground cinnamon- The cinnamon will add a warm and sweet flavor to your pie.
- Ground nutmeg- This is what brings out the delicious scent to your pie.
- Ground ground cloves- This is what will be used for flavoring and added to your pumpkin batter.
- Ground allspice- This is the flavoring that will add that extra “kick” to your recipe.
- Ground ginger- For best flavoring ground your own ingredients.
- Sugar- All good baked goods need sugar
- Brown sugar- Brown sugar will make your pie richer than regular white sugar.
- Canola oil- You can use vegetable oil as a substitute and vice versa.
- Eggs- Use room temperature eggs for the best results.
- Pumpkin puree- Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix.
- Water-Water helps to get the batter to the right consistency.
- Pure vanilla extract- For best flavoring, always use pure vanilla.
- Butter- Be sure to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in your recipes.
How to Make a Pumpkin Streusel Bread
Grease two 8×4 bread pans, then preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and ginger all together in a large mixing bowl.
Pour and mix in granulated sugar and brown sugar until combined.
Using your fingers or a spoon make a well in the center and add in the oil. You can mix in the oil just until its combined.
You can then add in the eggs, 2 at a time, and then start to stir and mix in after each additional egg.
Pour in the pumpkin puree, water, and vanilla extract, stir in until well combined.
Separate the batter between the two bread pans and set aside.
In another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. With a fork or pastry cutter, cut up your butter and stir into your mix until it looks like coarse crumbs.
Take your crumbs and sprinkle on top evenly over both batters.
Place in your oven and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
For 10 minutes allow it to cool just before removing loaves from the pans, place on a wire rack to finish cooling.
Serve and Dig In!
Do I Use Pumpkin Puree or Pumpkin Pie Filling?
The main ingredients in pumpkin pie filling is different compared to pumpkin puree. Being that the ingredients are so different, pumpkin puree will be the best option to use. Be sure to use pumpkin puree and not the pie filling, for your best results.
Does Pumpkin Streusel Bread Have to Be Refrigerated?
For best results and to make your bread last longer, you can put it in the refrigerator. This however is optional and you do not have to keep it in your refrigerator. But, at most, it will last about 1-2 days, while in the fridge it will last about 3-4 days.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Latte
Pumpkin Streusel Bread
- 3 1/3 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 C canola oil
- 4 eggs large
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2/3 C water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ C cold butter cubed
- ½ C light brown sugar
- ¾ C flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two 8x4 bread pans
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and ginger together.
- Add in granulated sugar and brown sugar; mix until combined.
- Make a well in the center and add in the oil. Mix just until the oil is combined
- Add in the eggs, 2 at a time, mixing after each addition
- Add in the pumpkin puree, water and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.
- Divide the batter between the two bread pans. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry cutter and mix until it resembles coarse crumbs
- Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over both batters.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing loaves from the pans, placing them on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.