With this amazing Easy Orange Chicken Recipe, you’ll have a delicious Chinese dinner on the table in a snap! Make it an easy meal with chicken nuggets as the base with a simple homemade sweet orange glaze.
4-Ingredient Orange Chicken
Tired of takeout? Make your own takeout-worthy dinner at home with this super easy 4 Ingredient Orange Chicken recipe. Serve it over steamed rice and you have a perfect meal.
Orange chicken is a sweet and savory dish that became popular from the restaurant Panda Express. it’s an American adaptation of sweet and sour chicken. This version is the easiest recipe you will ever make and just as good!
Love easy dinner recipes! Don’t miss these: Crockpot Chicken and Gravy | Sheetpan Steak Fajitas | Tuscan Salmon Recipe | Garlic Bread Sloppy Joes | Mini Meatloaf Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need – (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
Frozen chicken nuggets – get a big bag because you’ll need 5 cups. The chicken nuggets will need to be cooked according to the package directions. You could also use chicken fingers if you prefer larger cuts.
Orange marmalade – find this with the rest of the jams and jellies in the grocery store. Any brand will work well.
BBQ sauce – any variety that you like will work, but a Kansas City-style sauce is a good choice. I know this ingredient might sound strange, but it blends so well with the other ingredients.
Soy sauce – to reduce the sodium you can use a low sodium soy sauce.
How to Make Orange Chicken
In a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl, whisk together the orange marmalade, BBQ sauce, and soy sauce.
Heat in the microwave on high heat for 45 seconds, then whisk the sauce until smooth (there will be small chunks from the orange rind in the orange marmalade).
Pour the sauce over the fully cooked chicken nuggets (be sure the nuggets are freshly cooked and hot) and toss to coat.
Tips for the Best Orange Chicken
- Spicy Orange Chicken – Want to heat this recipe up a bit? Try using spicy chicken nuggets or add hot sauce to the glaze. Make it as spicy as you like!
- Other Meats: the orange sauce isn’t only great with chicken, but with other meats, too, such as pork, beef, fish fillets, and shrimp.
- Thickness: If the sauce is way too thick for your liking, stir in orange juice to the thickness you prefer.
- Garnish: Top the dish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions. You can even add a few orange slices.
Crock Pot Orange Chicken
You can also make this in the slow cooker and it turns out great! The only difference is we use chicken breasts and you’ll use chicken broth as an added ingredient.
1. Place 4 chicken breasts and 1 cup of chicken broth in the crock-pot and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
2. Drain and then add the sauce ingredients to the pot. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
3. Shred the chicken with a fork. Serve with rice.
How to Serve:
Serve the orange chicken over steamed white or brown rice. It also goes well with steamed or stir-fried veggies. Rice is the best because it absorbs the sauce and the combination is perfect!
How to Store Leftovers
Keep the leftover chicken in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat individual portions in the microwave.
Other Easy Chicken Recipes
4 Ingredient Orange Chicken
- 5 cups frozen chicken nuggets cooked according to the package directions
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl, whisk together the orange marmalade, BBQ sauce, and soy sauce. Heat in the microwave on high heat for 45 seconds, then whisk the sauce until smooth (there will be small chunks from the orange rind in the orange marmalade).
- Pour the sauce over the fully cooked chicken nuggets (be sure the nuggets are freshly cooked and hot) and toss to coat.
- Serve the orange chicken hot over steamed rice.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
34 comments on “Easy Orange Chicken (4-ingredients)”
Delicious and easy to make. I served over white rice and along with stir fried vegetables. My husband said this was a keeper.
Made this dish for the family. They absolutely loved it. Said it was better than what we got at the mall. My nephew who hates any kind of sauce and most food said “This was made by God”. And it was so easy. Thank you!!!
I think this would be good with shrimp. Probably toss them in cornstarch and pan fry
So much awesome flavor for such a simple recipe! I added steamed broccoli and sliced water chestnuts. Also used cut up boneless chicken thighs. The whole family LOVED it !
Great ideas. Thx
I’d probably do a half cup of the marmalade next time I make it because it does have a very intense orange flavor but it is D E L I C I O U S!!! Whole family loved it, even my 2 toddlers. Definitely adding it to our meal rotation.
Delicious and easy!! I am so happy!