Garlic Parmesan Chicken is a quick dinner recipe perfect for the weeknights. It’s covered in three kinds of cheese and has terrific flavor. Only a 10-minute prep and for this easy chicken recipe that kids and adults will love.
Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Breast Recipe
The combination of mozzarella and parmesan cheese with sour cream and cream cheese gives a really great flavor to baked chicken. The garlic, salt and pepper really give it an extra flavor kick that pairs well with the cheeses.
It can be so hard to come up with new recipes for dinner. Seems like at my house we keep making the same things over and over. I really love when I find something new to make like this that is tasty and also super easy. Our Classic Chicken Parmesan is similar to this, but without the bread crumbs and marinara sauce.
What You’ll Need:
Our list of ingredients here are simple. Check it out.
- Chicken – you will need boneless chicken breasts.
- Cream Cheese – sit out to get to room temperature since we are going to mix it with other ingredients.
- Cheeses – Cream Cheese, Parmesan Cheese and Mozzarella Cheese
- Sour Cream – this adds a nice flavor and creaminess to this recipe.
- Garlic – you will use minced garlic and this gives the perfect amount of flavor.
- Seasoning – Salt & Pepper
How To Make Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Stir together the mozzarella and half of the parmesan in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, seasonings and garlic. Once it’s mixed well, add in the rest of the parmesan.
- Put the chicken in a baking dish so they are not overlapping, and top them with the cream cheese mixture. Pat it down so it’s covering the chicken.
- Then, sprinkle your cheese mix on top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes on 375 degrees, depending on how thick your chicken pieces are.
Tip: Use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is at least 165 degrees.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Or Tenderloins In This Recipe?
Yes! This dish will work well with other cuts of chicken, so feel free to use your favorite boneless, skinless cut. If you do change the type of cut used in the recipe it will most likely change the time needed to cook. To ensure your chicken is done, use a meat thermometer and cook to 165˚F.
- Storing – To store leftovers, place the chicken in an airtight container and: Refrigerate: for up to 3-4 days. Freeze: for up to a month.
- Fat Free Ingredients – I strongly recommend not using fat free cream cheese or sour cream in this dish. The fat free versions do not melt the same and doesn’t give the same results. However, low-fat will work fine.
- Chicken Portion – you can cut the chicken breasts in half if you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and keep an eye on it making sure you do not overcook.
How To Serve Creamy Chicken Parmesan:
This easy chicken recipe can be served with a variety of things. Having chicken as the main dish opens up loads of possibilities. There are several steamed vegetables you can choose from. We have also cut up this creamy chicken and served it over pasta. Potatoes are also a great side whether you chose to have them mashed, or roasted. And for all my garlic fanatics there is always the option of serving this with some garlic bread or even just dinner rolls.
More of Our Favorite Dinner Recipes
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- 4 – 4-6 oz boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon garlic crushed, about 3 large cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a small bowl, stir together the mozzarella cheese and half of the grated parmesan cheese, set the bowl aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and seasonings. Once it is well combined, stir in the remaining half of the parmesan cheese.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish so that each piece is flat, and not overlapping with the others. Cover each piece of chicken a large scoop of the cream cheese and sour cream mixture. Pat it down with a spoon until it completely covers the top of the piece of chicken.
- Top each piece of chicken with the combined grated cheeses, lightly pressing the cheese into the cream mixture. This will help keep it in place as it begins to melt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken breasts. Serve while hot.