Garlic Parmesan Chicken is a quick dinner recipe perfect for the weeknights. It’s covered in three kinds of cheese and has terrific flavor. Serve this with a vegetable and a homemade roll and dinner is covered.
It can be so hard to come up with new recipes for dinner. Seems like at my house we keep making the same things over and over. I really love when I find something new to make like this that is tasty and also super easy.
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken
The combination of mozzarella and parmesan cheese with sour cream and cream cheese gives a really great flavor to baked chicken. The garlic, salt and pepper really give it an extra flavor kick that pairs well with the cheeses.
Ingredients You Need:
Our list of ingredients here are simple. Check it out.
- Chicken – four, 6oz chicken breasts.
- Cream Cheese – sit out to get to room temperature since we are going to mix it with other ingredients.
- Parmesan Cheese – grated.
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Garlic – minced.
- Salt & Pepper
How To Make Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Stir together the mozzarella and half of the parmesan in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, seasonings and garlic. Once it’s mixed well, add in the rest of the parmesan.
- Put the chicken in a baking dish so they are not overlapping, and top them with the cream cheese mixture. Pat it down so it’s covering the chicken.
- Then, sprinkle your cheese mix on top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes on 375 degrees, depending on how thick your chicken pieces are.
Tip: Use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is at least 165 degrees.
More of Our Favorite Dinner Recipes
Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- 4 – 4-6 oz boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon garlic crushed, about 3 large cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a small bowl, stir together the mozzarella cheese and half of the grated parmesan cheese, set the bowl aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and seasonings. Once it is well combined, stir in the remaining half of the parmesan cheese.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish so that each piece is flat, and not overlapping with the others. Cover each piece of chicken a large scoop of the cream cheese and sour cream mixture. Pat it down with a spoon until it completely covers the top of the piece of chicken.
- Top each piece of chicken with the combined grated cheeses, lightly pressing the cheese into the cream mixture. This will help keep it in place as it begins to melt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken breasts. Serve while hot.