This Peach Pie Recipe is so delicious and perfect for Summer! This is one of the easiest homemade pie recipes you can ever make. With the most amazing delicious flavors, this is going to be your go to pie recipe all summer long.
Peach Pie Recipe
Peach pie is a classic dessert. It just screams summer when peaches are in season. Once you make this classic homemade peach pie from scratch, you will never want to use canned pie filling again. And since this is so easy to make, you won’t need to.
- Premade pie crust- You can use your favorite pie crust recipe too.
- Peaches- You want large ripe peaches for this recipe
- Lemon juice- This helps to keep the peaches from turning brown
- Sugar- You need sugar for a peach pie
- Light brown sugar-Brown sugar adds a richer flavor
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg- These are classic spices for peach pie.
- Kosher salt- Salt brings out the flavor in baked goods.
- Cornstarch- Cornstarch thickens the pie filling.
How to Make Homemade Peach Pie
Unroll the pie crust and place it on the pie dish.
In a mixing bowl, combine the sliced peaches and the lemon juice.
Add the sugars, spices, salt and cornstarch.
Place the pie filling mixture into the pie shell.
Create the lattice top for the pie by cutting the pie dough into strips and lay half of the strips horizontally.
Weave the other strips in place vertically.
Brush the pie with egg wash and then bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
Allow the pie to cool completely.
Should I Serve Pie Hot or Cold?
You can serve the pie fresh from the oven when it is almost cooled or you can serve it straight from the refrigerator. I like to serve the pie warm with a little bit of vanilla or peach ice cream.
What Toppings Go on Peach Pie?
More Peach Recipes
- Peach Pie Cupcakes
- Peach Upside Down Mini Cakes
- Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe (7-ingredients)
- Peach Salsa Recipe
Peach Pie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Unroll the pie crust
- Place 1 pie crust into the pie dish and set aside
- Using a large bowl, mix your peach slices with lemon juice
- Mix in the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cornstarch
- Spoon the peach mixture into the pie shell
- To make the Lattice top
- Unroll the remaining pie dough and cut into 12 strips
- Lay half of the strips horizontally
- Gently fold back the strips in half
- Working from the middle of the pie to the edge, lay a vertical strip down the middle
- Fold back over every other one of the horizontal strips
- Lay another piece of pie crust vertically
- Fold back over the other strips so that they are flat and fold the first strips back in half
- You’re going to continue to do this till you have a lattice crust
- Brush the top of the pie crust with an egg bath
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the pie filling is starting to bubble
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Cut and serve with ice cream or fresh whipped cream!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 Box of premade pie crust
- 1 9inch round pie pan