Easy Peach Pie Bars
Do you absolutely love the sweet and plump texture of peaches? Well, how about we take that delightful fruit and put it in a wonderful dessert. This Easy Peach Pie Bars recipe is so amazing and your friends and family can enjoy this for any occasion.
Easy Peach Pie Bars Recipe
This recipe for easy peach pie bars has the incredible sweet taste of peaches and a new texture in the form of a bar. This recipe is super simple ad easy to follow with ingredients you may already have in your kitchen. You can have a sweet treat in minutes that tastes great! Be sure to save this recipe!
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt.
- Granulated sugar- Every dessert needs sugar in the recipe.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your dessert.
- Eggs- Make sure to have your eggs at room temperature.
- Lemon extract- You can use pure extract for better taste.
- Vanilla extract- Using pure vanilla will add for better flavor.
- All-purpose flour- TIt is best to use all purpose flour
- Cream cheese- You should use softened or at room temp.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade frosting.
- Peaches- Should be sliced and can be fresh or canned/frozen peaches.
- Peach juice- You can use the juice drained from the peaches.
- Corn starch- This will be used to thicken the peach mixture.
How to Make Peach Pie Bars
Set your oven to 350 degrees
Using foil, line a 15x10x1 inch pan and allow 4 inches of overhang on the smaller sides to help with lifting the pie after baking. Spray evenly with cooking spray.
Add together your butter, sugar, and salt until it is fluffy. One at a time add in your eggs and beat lightly after each one. Pour in the extracts and mix well.
Put 3 cups of the mixture in the pan and evenly spread to the sides.
For 15 minutes, you want to prebake your ingredients. Then, take out.
At medium speed, add together your cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Pour this mixture over the crust.
Mix together the corn starch and sugar. Add in peach juice. Gently add in the peaches and fold into this mixture. Pour peach mixture on top of the cream cheese mix.
Using a spoon add a few spoonfuls of the leftover dough mixture across the top of the peaches.
Bake on the middle rack of your oven for about 35-40 minutes, until crust is a light brown.
Allow your dessert to cool on a wire rack before serving and Dig in!
What Crust Do I Use for Peach Bars?
This recipe uses a shortbread crust. It has the best flavor and will be perfect for these peach pie bars. If you wanted to use something else you could use traditional pie dough or even a graham cracker crust but both of these will change the flavor and texture of the bars.
What Can I Serve With These Bars?
You can serve a few things with these bars. Add additional fruit as a side to compliment the peaches. You could also pair this dessert with yogurt as well. Anything you choose will work well with this recipe.
More Dessert Bars Recipes
- The Best Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- S’mores Bars Recipe
- Strawberry Lemon Blondie Bars
- Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- Easy Cherry Pie Bars
Peaches Pie Bars
- 16 tbsp butter softened
- 2 c granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 lg eggs
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 c all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ c powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Peach Layer
- 4 c sliced fresh or canned/frozen peaches
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp peach juice
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 15x10x1 inch pan with foil, allowing about 4-inches to hang over on the short ends. Spray with a non-stick cooking spray. This is used to help lift the pie from the pan when finished.
- Mix together butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating lightly after each addition. Add in extracts and mix until combined.
- Spread 3 cups of the dough mixture into prepared pan, spreading to edges and trying to keep the batter as even as possible.
- Prebake for approx. 15 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Spread this mixture over the prebaked crust.
- Combine corn starch and sugar. Mix in peach juice. Fold peaches into this mixture. Spread peach mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of the remaining dough mixture across the surface of the peaches.
- Bake on center rack of oven for approx. 35-40 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack before serving.