Snickers Cupcakes are incredibly delicious and so easy to make. From a boxed cake mix comes this incredible dessert inspired by our love of Snickers bars.
We have made so many cupcakes over the years and love to create new recipes! If you want a cupcake recipe, you’re certainly in the right place.
The basics of this recipe are this: a simple boxed, chocolate cupcake mix topped with a two ingredient caramel frosting and a tiny Snickers bar. Sounds easy enough, right? Let’s get started.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Chocolate Cake Mix. Any chocolate brand you’d like to use.
- Eggs and Vegetable Oil. To follow the instructions on the cake mix box.
- Vanilla Frosting. We used Pillsbury but you can use whichever brand you want.
- Dulce de Leche Caramel. This comes in a can in the baking aisle and looks like this.
- Chocolate and Caramel Sauces. The kind you’ll find with the ice cream for sundaes.
- Mini Snickers Bars.
- Peanuts. This is totally optional.
How To Make Snickers Cupcakes
- Make Cupcakes. Follow along with the recipe on the back of the cake mix box. Bake as usual and while they cool, you can move onto the frosting.
- Make Frosting. Mix together the three cans of vanilla frosting with the can of caramel with an electric mixer.
- Frost. When the cupcakes are completely cooled, frost them with the caramel icing. Top with chocolate and caramel drizzle and a mini Snickers. If you want, add chopped peanuts, too.
We are obsessed with how easy it is to make Snickers bar cupcakes. I am going to make these for my husbands birthday this year. They remind me so much of the cupcakes I spent way too much money on at the bakery last year. He’s gonna love them!
More Cupcake Recipes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
Caramel Frosting Ingredients
- 1 can of Nestle Dulce de Leche Caramel
- 3 tubs of Pillsbury Vanilla Frosting or other Vanilla Frosting
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Sauce
- Mini Snickers Bars
- Peanuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line cupcake liners in 2 muffin pans for 24 cupcakes.
- Combine cake mix with eggs, oil and water following directions on your box mix.
- Pour cupcake mixture into liners.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before you begin frosting them.
- While cupcakes are cooling you can make the Caramel frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl add the 3 tubs of vanilla frosting.
- Combine the full can of dulce de leche.
- Mix with an electric mixer until well blended.
How To Frost
- Once the cupcakes are cooled and the frosting is mixed, put Tip 1M into the piping bag and cut the bag at the bottom to fit the tip.
- Add the caramel frosting to the piping bag and begin frosting the cupcakes.
- Once frosted, drizzle with caramel and chocolate sauce.
- Optional: chop peanuts into small pieces and sprinkle chopped peanuts on top.
- Top with 1 mini Snickers bar.