Banana Cream Cupcakes
These Banana Cream Cupcakes are moist banana cupcakes that are made with ripe bananas and filled with a banana cream cheese frosting. What a delicious treat! These cupcakes are perfect for anyone who loves banana cake. These perfectly portioned banana cupcakes are going to become a family favorite.
If you love banana cake, you will love these Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.
Banana Cream Cupcakes Recipe
Banana cupcakes are one of my favorites. It takes the best banana cake and then it is filled in with this amazing homemade banana cream cheese frosting. Rich and delicious, these banana cream cupcakes make an amazing treat anytime.
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese
- Banana extract
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Banana Cream Cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
Using a mixer, beat the butter until it is fluffy.
Add one yolk at a time and beat well between each addition.
Beat in the banana and extracts into the batter.
In another bowl, whip the egg whites into stiff peaks and then fold 1/2 of the whipped eggs into the batter.
Combine the dry ingredients in another bowl.
Beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until it is blended.
Fold the remaining egg whites into the bowl.
Pour the batter into the pan and bake on the center rack for 12 minutes or until the cupcakes are done.
Remove the cupcakes and let them cool.
Once the cupcakes have cooled, make the frosting.
Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
Add the butter and extra and beat it well.
Add the powdered sugar a little at a time and beat it well.
Using an apple corer or small spoons, remove the core from the center of each cupcakes going about 2/3 of the way to the bottom.
Pipe the frosting into the hole and then frost the top each cupcake.
Store the cupcakes in the refrigerator.
Are There Real Bananas in Banana Cupcakes?
When making these banana cupcakes, you are using real bananas in the cupcakes. You can also banana extract instead of vanilla extract. To get the banana flavor in the frosting you will be adding banana extract.
Do These Have Banana Cream Cheese Frosting?
Yes! You will top these these banana cupcakes with a delicious banana cream cheese frosting. The cream cheese frosting is flavored with a banana extract that gives a nice punch of banana flavor. If you prefer a cupcake that has less banana flavor, you can eliminate the banana flavor in the cream cheese frosting without changing the texture of the icing. Because of this cream cheese frosting, the cupcakes need to be stored in the refrigerator.
Banana Cream Cupcakes Recipe
Ingredients for Cupcake Base:
- 4 large eggs separated
- 1 stick 1/2 c. butter
- 1 t. vanilla extract or ½ t. vanilla and ½ t. banana extract
- 1-1/2 c. mashed very ripe bananas (brown spots welcome)
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 2 t. baking powder
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1-1/2 c. flour all-purpose or cake flour works equally well
Icing and Filling Ingredients:
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 4 oz. butter room temperature
- 1 t. banana extract can substitute vanilla extract if desired
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 24 count cupcake pan with paper liners
- Cream butter with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, mixing after each addition
- Add bananas and extract/extracts and mix well
- Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold ½ of whipped egg whites into wet mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until blended.
- Add remaining ½ whipped egg whites and fold in.
- Bake on center rack of oven for approximately 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (or at least mostly clean)
- Remove from oven to a wire rack and cool completely.
Instructions for Icing:
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy
- Beat in butter and extract
- Add powdered sugar, a small amount at a time, continuing to mix until thoroughly combined
- Remove core from center of each cupcake, using an apple corer or small spoon, going about 2/3 of the way to the bottom of the cupcakes.
- Spoon or pipe icing into the hole in center of each cupcake
- Spread icing on tops of each cupcake or pipe on. I used a Wilton #1M. #2A works well also.
- Leftover cupcakes should be stored in refrigerator.