Your kiddos are going to love these Oreo Frog Cookies. They are so cute with edible eyes, pink icing tongues and pretzel legs! These are perfect to make with your kids in the kitchen for a fun treat or a birthday party. You can leave them as frog Oreos or use them as the tops to these fun Frog Pond Cupcakes!
Chocolate Covered Oreos That Look Like Frogs
These cookies are made with pretzels and Oreos coated in a creamy white chocolate that we have dyed green. It’s as easy as melting almond bark, dipping and stacking the ingredients. Truly, it’s so simple.
I think a tray of these would be super cute at a dessert table for a birthday party, don’t you?
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Oreo Cookies: We used the Golden Oreos but it’s truly up to you whichever you’d like to use.
- Twist Pretzels: For the frog legs.
- Edible Eyes: You can find these in the baking section of the store.
- Sprinkles: We use black sugar sprinkles but you could also use green.
- Food Coloring: In green.
- Coconut Oil: This helps smooth the melted chocolate.
- White Chocolate: Almond bark works great here.
- Pink or Red Frosting: just enough to pipe on a tongue.
If you are making Frog Cupcakes you will also need:
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Blue Buttercream Frosting
How To Make Frog Cookies
- Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in small increments, careful not to overcook it.
- Dip pretzels in chocolate and place them on wax paper so that the bottom of each pretzel are touching.
- Dunk the entire Oreo into the chocolate next and then lay it directly over the pretzels.
- Add the eyes while the chocolate is still wet so they will stick and sprinkle the black sugar coating on top.
- Place them in the fridge to harden.
How To Make Frog Cupcakes
If you want to go a step further to add these cut little frogs on a tiny cupcake pond, here’s what you’ll do.
- Bake the cupcakes per the directions on the back of the box. Or if you have a favorite homemade recipe, you can use that.
- Frost the cupcakes after they have cooled with a buttercream frosting in the color blue.
- Stick sugar baby candy onto a tooth pick to make a little pond reed.
- Place the cooled, chocolate covered frog on top and stick in the reed in the back.
How To Store Frog Cookies:
Store your Frog cupcakes in an airtight container for up to 4 days. If you don’t make the cupcakes, you can store the cookies alone in the fridge for up to a week or at room temperature for about 3-4 days.
More Fun Cookie Recipes
- Melt white chocolate with coconut oil and oil baked food coloring, stir until well combined
- Dip pretzels in chocolate to cover completely and place on a wax paper lined tray as shown, the bottom of each pretzel should be touching
- Dip the one cookie in chocolate to cover completely then place on top of the pretzel “legs”
- Add the candy eyes to each frog and pipe red cookie icing on the mouth for a "tongue".
- Place remaining melted chocolate in a piping bag with a very small cut tip and place small bumps behind the eyes of each frog.
- Sprinkle on each frog a little black sugar sand to create depth and texture.
- Place the tray of frogs in the refrigerator to set.