When it comes to a fun cake, it doesn’t get better than this Sprinkle Cake. A rich fudge cake that has beautiful frosting between the layers and is topped with sprinkles, this cake is tasty and has a stunning appearance.
Delicious Sprinkle Cake
Sprinkles make every dessert fun, colorful, and eye-popping. This tasty Sprinkle Cake is perfect for Birthdays, Picnics, BBQs, and more to catch the eyes of children and adults. Once you take a bite out of this cake, you are met with a creamy, fluffy, and chocolatey dessert. If a cake is one of your favorite desserts, then be sure to try out this Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Cake or this Snickers Cake Recipe.
- Cake Mix– You will need chocolate fudge cake mix for this recipe.
- Eggs– Be sure to use these at room temperature.
- Milk– Use whole milk for this cake batter.
- Butter– Use unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Powdered Sugar– This sugar is great for homemade icing.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– This will help with consistency.
- Food Coloring– You will need purple and sky blue food coloring Gel.
- Sprinkles– You will need these to be the rainbow Jimmie sprinkles. (Found at Walmart in the baking aisle and cake decorating aisle)
How to Make Delicious Sprinkle Cake
To start, set your oven to 350 degrees and use Pam baking spray to grease the pans.
First, add the cake mix, butter, eggs, and milk into a large bowl and combine until smooth.
Secondly, separate the cake batter into three pans evenly.
Thirdly, bake in the oven for 22 to 26 minutes, or until a tester or toothpick comes out clean of batter.
To finish, you will need to allow the cakes to fully cool, then, cover it with foil, and set them aside to use the next day. Using this method will allow for a cleaner slice of cake.
To begin, add the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream into a standing mixer and combine, until smooth and stiff with peaks.
First, you will divide the frosting into two separate bowls with about 1 1/2 cup in each, leaving the remaining frosting in the mixing bowl for the outer shell of the cake.
Secondly, add 4 drops of the purple gel food coloring into one bowl.
Next, add 4 drops of the blue food coloring gel into the second bowl.
Building the cake directions
To begin, take the cakes out of the pans and place them on to cake boards.
First, slice off the top of the cake using a cake slicer to create a flat surface.
Secondly, scoop the purple frosting onto one of the cake layers, and use a spatula to spread evenly.
In addition, you will place the second layer on top of the purple frosting.
Thirdly, scoop the blue frosting, and use a spatula to evenly spread on top of the second layer of cake.
Next, you will place the third layer of cake on top of the blue frosting.
Furthermore, using the remaining two frostings coat the outside of the cake with a smooth layer of frosting.
Finally, coat the cake using the white frosting and evenly smooth out.
To finish, place the cake onto a cleaned cookie sheet and coat thoroughly with sprinkles.
Place into the fridge for a couple of hours to allow the cake to harden.
How to Store
Storing the recipe in an airtight container will keep it moist and fresh, so it doesn’t become hard or stale too quickly. You will want to place the container at room temperature or in the fridge. Although, storing the recipe at room temperature will mean it won’t last as long.
Tips for Making the Perfect Cake:
You can start by looking at your list of ingredients. If your ingredients include things like, eggs, milk, sour cream, or other dairy products, you should use them at room temperature. In addition, things like measuring correctly, using parchment paper rounds for the pans, and the rest time for a cake fresh out of the oven are other good tips to use.
More Cake Recipes:
Chocolate Sprinkle Cake
- 2 Boxes chocolate fudge cake mix
- 6 large eggs
- 2 ½ C Whole Milk
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the cake pans with pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter, eggs, and milk until combined and smooth
- Evenly divide the cake batter between the 3 pans
- Place into the oven and bake for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling completely before covering with foil and setting them aside to use the next day. By doing this, it will allow you to get a clean cut slice of cake
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream together until combined, smooth and stiff with peaks
- Once the frosting is made, divide the 1 ½ C of frosting into 2 small bowls, leaving the rest in the mixing bowl for the outer layer of the cake
- In one bowl, mix in 4 drops of purple gel food coloring
- In the second bowl, mix in 4 drops of blue gel food coloring
Building the cake directions
- Remove the cakes from the pans and onto the cake boards
- Using a cake slicer, slice off the tops of the cakes to create a flat cake layer
- Using one of the cake layers as the bottom layer, scoop the purple frosting onto the cake layer and spread it evenly
- Place a second cake layer on top
- Scoop the blue frosting on top of the cake layer and spread evenly
- Place the third cake layer on top of the frosting
- Smooth the two frostings on the outside to create a smooth layer on the outside
- Using the white frosting, completely coat the cake in the white frosting and smooth evenly
- Place the cake onto a cookie sheet
- Using the sprinkles, completely coat the cake in the sprinkles
- Once coated, place them in the fridge for a few hours to allow them to harden
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 3 9in round cake pans
- 3 10in round cake board