Looking for a fun and festive treat to enjoy this Halloween season? Look no further than our Monster Halloween Brookies! These delicious brownies are made with rich chocolatey cookie dough and are adorned with spooky monster designs. They’re perfect for parties, trick-or-treating, or just enjoying as an after-school snack. Best of all, they’re sure to satisfy your sweet tooth without being too scary!
These brownies are perfect for your Halloween party! They’re not just any old brownies – they’re monster cookie brownies! With spooky designs that are perfect for the season, these treats will be a hit at your next get-together. They’re soft, chocolatey, and delicious – everyone will love them! And with such a fun design, they’ll be perfect for your Halloween celebration.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Brownies: You will need two boxes of brownie mix plus the ingredients that the instructions call for on the boxes.
Peanut Butter: You will use creamy for this recipe, but if you prefer an extra crunch, you can use crunchy peanut butter.
Sugar: You will need a combination of sugars for this recipe. You will need light brown sugar and white sugar for the cookie dough and powdered sugar for the frosting.
Flour: You will need all-purpose flour for this recipe along with baking soda to allow the recipe to rise in the oven.
Add-ins: For extra flavor, and texture, and to decorate this amazing recipe, you will be adding in quick oats, mini chocolate chips, Halloween sprinkles, and mini candy eyes.
Food Coloring Gel: You will need neon green food coloring gel to color the frosting a bright and vibrant color. The gel food coloring will work best compared to liquid coloring.
How To Make Halloween Brookies
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use non-stick baking spray to grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Use parchment paper to line the base of the pan with extra on each of the 4 sides. Prepare the ingredients for the brownies and bake according to the instructions on the box. Add the prepared batter to the baking pan. Place it aside.
Step 2. Begin making the cookie dough. In a mixing bowl, add the peanut butter and softened butter and combine using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment. Put in the brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla, and beat to combine until fully incorporated. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt into another bowl and combine using a whisk. Put in the oats and chocolate chips and beat to combine again until fully incorporated. Drop the oatmeal mixture into the batter in the pan using a serving spoon before topping with Halloween sprinkles. Place into the oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Use a toothpick to check for doneness. When the time is up, place the pan on the counter and allow it to cool for 30 minutes before removing it from the pan.
Step 3. Add the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream into a standing mixer and combine using a paddle attachment until combined, creamy, and stiff. Put in a few drops of the neon food coloring and combine until you have reached the desired green color. Add the frosting into a piping bag and begin piping large and little dollops of frosting onto the brownies. Top the frosting with 2 mini candy eyes and allow it to set and firm up before serving. Enjoy!
Can I Make these Halloween Brownies in Advance?
Absolutely! These brownies actually taste better when they’ve had a chance to sit for a day or two. This gives the flavors time to meld together and the brownies will be super moist. Just be sure to store them in an airtight container so they don’t dry out.
If you want to make them even further in advance, you can freeze them. Wrap each brownie individually in plastic wrap, then place them all in a freezer-safe container or bag. They’ll last for up to 3 months in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy them, just thaw them overnight on the counter or pop them in the microwave for a quick defrost.
Want to make Brownies from Scratch?
If you want to make brownies from scratch for these Monster Brownies, you can use my favorite brownie recipe. Simple, easy and perfection!
More Brownie Recipes:
- German Chocolate Brownies
- Cosmic Brownie Cookies (Crumbl Copycat)
- Christmas Tree Brownie Bites
- Brownie Truffles with Cherries
Monster Halloween Brookies
- 2 boxes Brownies mix 18.3 oz
- Additional ingredients listed on the Brownie boxes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees,
- Prep 9 X 13-inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper with extra on the four sides.
- Follow the ingredient list and baking directions listed on the back of the boxes.
- Put the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Set aside.
- Add the peanut butter and soft butter to a mixing bowl.
- Use the paddle attachment of the electric mixer to combine.
- Add the brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat until completely mixed.
- In a second bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk to blend.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips.
- Beat to blend all ingredients together.
- Use a serving spoon to drop the oatmeal mixture over the brownie batter.
- Sprinkle the Halloween sprinkles over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the center to see if it is done.
- When done, set on a counter for at least 30 minutes to cool.
- Remove from the baking pan.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream with paddle attachment until combined, creamy and stiff
- Beat in a few drops of neon green food coloring and mix until blended
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag
- Pipe big and small dollops on the brownies
- Place two mini candy eyes in the frosting
- Allow frosting to firm up before enjoying
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 large piping bag fitted with a 1A round tip
- 1 package mini candy eye decorations