This Halloween Peeps Cheesecake is a smooth and creamy Fall season dessert with chocolate and orange chips and pumpkin peeps
No-Bake Halloween Cheesecake
This cheesecake is simple to make and eye-popping! It is a no-bake recipe, so no need to worry about the hassle of baking instructions. This is an adorable recipe that is perfect for a Halloween party or buffet table. It has cute little pumpkin peeps around the edge that make this dessert absolutely stunning.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Oreo Cookies: Use the Oreos and butter to make the base crust or use a store-bought Oreo crust.
Pumpkin Peeps: Use these to line along the sides of the cheesecake for decoration. You can use orange sprinkle mix to decorate as well.
Cream Cheese: To get an ultra smooth and creamy consistency, you will combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
Mini Chips: To add pops of color to the cheesecake mixture, you will need mini chocolate chips and orange chips.
Heavy Cream: Combine the cream with butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and salt to make the thick frosting that goes on top.
How To Make Halloween Peeps Cheesecake
Step 1. Add the Oreos into a food processor and pulse until you from crumbs. Melt the butter in a heat-safe bowl for 15-seconds. Place the cookie crumbs in a bowl and pour the butter on top and mix to coat. Pour the crumbs into a 6-inch springform pan lined with parchment paper and spread out to form the bottom of the pan using the back of a spoon or your fingers. Open the peeps and place them along the side of the pan and on top of the crust without separating them from each other. Set in the freezer to chill while you prepare your filling.
Step 2. Add the cream cheese and condensed milk into a mixing bowl of an electric mixer and combine. Pour in the vanilla and combine again on low while using a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl until smooth. Keep scraping the bowl as needed until the cream cheese is fully combined. Take the bowl off of the mixer and put in the mini chocolate chips and orange chips. Use a spatula to fold them in to combine. Take the crust out of the freezer and pour the prepared batter on top. Set the cheesecake into the freezer once again and chill for 24 hours or until firm to the touch before decorating.
Step 3. Put the butter and cream cheese into the mixing bowl of a standing mixer and combine until smooth. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl as you blend. Pour in the heavy cream and pinch of salt until smooth and combined. One cup at a time, add in the powdered sugar and combine on low until smooth and creamy. Put a few drops of orange food coloring into the frosting until the desired color is reached. Scoop into a piping bag with a large star tip and add dollops of frosting on the top edges of the cheesecake. Sprinkle with the orange mix to finish decorating. Put the cheesecake in the freezer until you are ready to serve. Slice into 2-inch pieces and enjoy!
Can This Halloween Cheesecake Be Made In Advance?
The absolute best part about a dessert like this is it’s already made in advance! It is something you can have prepared and ready for the next day! If you want to make it even earlier, you can make it up to 4 days in advance.
What Other Kinds Of Halloween Peeps Can I Use?
Pumpkin peeps look amazing with this recipe, but there are a ton of Halloween-themed peeps that you can use! They have ghosts, black cats, Frankenstein, or pumpkins. You can even use a mixture of them!
Tips & Tricks
- If you plan on making this recipe in advance, make sure to decorate it the day before you plan on serving it.
- Store the cheesecake in an airtight container for the best storage method. It can be kept in the fridge or freezer.
More Cheesecake Recipes:
- Banana Bread Cheesecake
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- S’mores Cheesecake Recipe
- Kahlua Cheesecake (No-Bake)
Halloween Peeps Cheesecake
FOR THE CRUST:
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 4 Tbsp Butter melted
TO PLACE AROUND THE EDGE:
- 2 Packages Pumpkin Peeps
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 4 Tbsp Butter softened
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- pinch salt
- Orange Sprinkle Mix to sprinkle on top
- In Food Processor or Blender, place the Oreo Cookies (including the filling) and pulse until you have fine crumbs. Place the Crumbs in a bowl. Place the Butter in a bowl, and microwave for about 15 seconds, or until the Butter is melted. Pour the Butter over the crumbs, and stir well to coat the cookie crumbs.
- Line the 6-inch Spring-form pan with Parchment Paper, and pour the crumbs into Pan. Using the back of a spoon, or your fingers if you prefer, press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan, and smooth out to an even layer.
- Open the packages of Peeps, and you’ll find the rows of Peeps are attached, so leave them attached to each other, do not separate them. Place the Peeps against the side of the Spring-form pan, on top of the Crust, and line the whole pan with the Peeps.
- Place the Pan in the Freezer.In the mixing bowl of a stand Mixer, place the softened Cream Cheese, and pour in the Eagle-brand Milk, or sweetened condensed Milk. Add the Vanilla, and blend on low until mixed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix until completely blended and smooth.
- You may want to scrape the sides of the bowl a couple of times, to make sure all the cream cheese is well blended. Remove the mixing bowl from the mixer, and fold in the Mini Chocolate Chips, and the Orange Chips.
- Remove the pan from the Freezer and pour the Cheesecake batter into the Pan, filling the pan with the batter. Place the pan back in the freezer for 24 hours.
- When the Cheesecake has been in the freezer for 24 hours, check the cheesecake and make sure it is set, or firm to the touch.
Decorate the Cheesecake: MAKE THE FROSTING:
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the Butter, and Cream Cheese, and mix well to blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and blend.
- Add the Heavy Cream, and a pinch of Salt, and blend until smooth. Add the Powdered Sugar a cup at a time, and mix on low, until all the Powdered Sugar has been added, and the Frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Add Orange Food Coloring Gel to the Mixing bowl, and blend to mix. Add more Food Coloring if needed, until the desired Orange Color is achieved. Place the Frosting in a Pastry bag with the Large Star Tip.
- Pipe the Frosting around the edge of the top of the Cheesecake in large dollops (See Photo), and then Sprinkle on the Orange Sprinkle Mix to finish decorating the Cheesecake. Place the Cheesecake back in the freezer until time to serve. To serve, cut into 2-inch pieces. Enjoy!