This No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake is a simple and delicious chocolate lover’s dream. It is super rich and creamy which makes every bite more and more addicting. Quick, Easy and Delicious!
Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake
This incredible chocolate cheesecake recipe is to die for and so chocolatey! I find myself craving chocolate at the most random times, and this recipe is always there to cure my sweet tooth! For anyone who lives and breathes chocolate, this is the recipe for you to make anytime and anywhere.
Unlike many no bake cheesecakes, this recipe doesn’t use JELL-O or sweetened condensed milk. Just a hand full of simple ingredients and turns out perfect! You will also love our Death By Chocolate Cheesecake made in the Instant Pot!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Oreos: These will be for the crumbly crust base. You will need Oreo crumbs to combine with butter.
Heavy Whipping Cream: This and the cream cheese will give the recipe a super smooth and creamy texture. The whipping cream will also be used for a topping as well.
Sugar: You will need two kinds of sugar, powdered and granulated sugar for the cheesecake batter.
Chocolate: You will need unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Hershey’s brand, semi-sweet chocolate, and chocolate chips for the topping.
How To Make No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
Step 1. Use non-stick cooking spray to grease a 9-inch spring form pan. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the round pan. In a food processor, add in the Oreos and pulse to form crumbs until you have about 2 cups. Pour in the melted butter and pulse to combine. Add the crumb base to the bottom of the pan and use a spoon to flatten and firmly press the crumbs to form a crust. Set the crust in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
Step 2. Add 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream, powdered sugar, and 1/4 cup of cocoa powder into a large bowl and use an electric mixer to combine the ingredients on low speed. Increase the speed to high until the mixture forms stiff peaks. Set in the fridge. In a heat-safe bowl, melt the chocolate in 30-second intervals in the microwave making sure to mix between each interval until completely melted and smooth. Place it aside. Add the cream cheese into a large bowl and beat for 4-5 minutes until smooth with no lumps. Add the cooled chocolate into the bowl and beat to combine. Put in the sugar and vanilla and combine again. Pour in the heavy cream and combine one last time until just mixed. Pour the prepared filling into the prepared crust and smooth out with a spatula. Set in the fridge to chill overnight for best results.
Step 3. Once the cheesecake is set, remove it from the fridge and take it out of the springform pan. Find the easiest way to remove the cheesecake in “Tips & Tricks”. Add dollops of whipped cream on top with sprinkles or chocolate shavings. Serve and enjoy!
What Kind Of Crust Tastes Best With Chocolate Cheesecake?
This recipe uses an Oreo crust which I prefer out of all other kinds for this cheesecake. However, if you want or are looking to try other crusts, I recommend chocolate graham crackers or chocolate cookie crusts.
How To Decorate This Cheesecake?
To decorate this recipe, I like to add dollops of whipped cream all over or on the edge of the cheesecake using a star-tipped piping bag. You can also top this recipe with your favorite kind of sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, or shaved chocolate!
Tips & Tricks
- For easy removal, place parchment paper on the bottom of the springform pan or before you need to remove it, run HOT water on the outside of the pan and after two paces, the cheesecake should slip out easily.
- I like to keep the cheesecake in the fridge overnight for the best results.
- If needed, you can buy a store-bought crust for this recipe.
- Keep this stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
- If this recipe is left at room temperature for more than 15 minutes, it will make it harder to cut.
- We like to pipe whipped cream around the edges. You can leave this part out or spread the whipped cream over the entire cheesecake.
More Cheesecake Recipes:
- S’mores Cheesecake Recipe
- Kahlua Cheesecake (No-Bake)
- Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
- Blackberry Lavender Cheesecake Bites
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 5 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream cold
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder unsweetened, divided
- 2 24 oz packs cream cheese softened
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate melted and cooled
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- Whipped Cream
- Prepare a 9” springform pan by spraying generously with non-stick spray and place a parchment round in the bottom of the pan.
- Add Oreo cookies into a food processor and pulse until you get approx. 2 cups of crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour the crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan and use the back of a spoon or measuring cup to pack the crumbs down to form the crust. Place in the freezer while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- In a large bowl, add 1 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and ¼ cup cocoa powder, and start mixing on low speed until combined. Slowly increase speed to high until stiff peaks form. Place in the refrigerator.
- Add the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese for 4-5 minutes or until smooth and there are no lumps. Pour in the cooled chocolate and mix until combined.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in the 4 Tbsp heavy cream last and mix until just combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the frozen crust and smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill overnight to make sure the cheesecake is fully set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform (I find the best way to do this with no-bake cheesecakes is to run hot water over the OUTSIDE of the springform pan. After about two paces, the cheesecake should melt just enough to release easily from the springform).
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkles, or chocolate shavings and serve.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.