The holidays are all about food, drinks, family, and fun. I love serving this Holiday Paloma at Christmas parties. It is a gorgeous recipe made with Tequila, grapefruit juice, and tonic water with a tasty rosemary simple syrup.
Sparkling Rosemary Paloma
This recipe is sweet, tart, and delicious! It is so simple to make and can be ready in just minutes. It is a great recipe that you can double, triple, or even quadruple if you need to serve a crowd. This will surely make a statement at any winter event you are holding.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Tequila: You will use this to add an adult twist or keep it out if you plan on serving it to kiddos.
Grapefruit Juice: This will add a delicious sweet and tart flavor to the recipe while the tonic water adds carbonation.
Simple Syrup: You can make this with water, sugar, and sprigs of rosemary. You can also garnish with rosemary and pomegranate pearls.
How To Make Holiday Paloma
Step 1. Combine the water, sugar, and rosemary in a medium saucepan and heat on medium-high until it starts to boil. Heat until the sugar dissolves. Place it aside to reach room temperature. Once it cools, take the rosemary out and discard it.
Step 2. Place ice in the glass. Put 3-4 pieces of ice, Tequila, grapefruit juice, tonic water, and rosemary simple syrup into a cocktail shaker and shake to mix. Add the mixture to the prepared glass. Top with pomegranate pearls and mix lightly. Serve and enjoy!
Substitutions For Holiday Paloma:
Here are a few options that you can use if you don’t have certain ingredients.
- If you don’t have grapefruit juice, you can use pineapple juice as they have similar sweet and tart flavors.
- Mezcal is an alternative if you don’t have Tequila.
- If you don’t have tonic water, you can use lemon-lime soda.
Tips & Tricks
- Using a cocktail shaker will ensure that the mixture is fully incorporated.
- I like to chill my glass in the freezer to keep the cocktail cold if I don’t want ice to water it down.
- You can make this ahead of time or store any leftover in a sealed pitcher or container until you are ready to serve.
More Cocktail Recipes:
- Emerald Sunrise Cocktail
- Jamaican Lemonade Cocktail
- Strawberry Paloma Cocktail
- Pink Flamingo Cocktail
- 1 ½ oz Tequila
- 3 oz Grapefruit juice
- 1 oz Tonic Water
- 1 oz Rosemary simple syrup
- Pomegranate pearls to garnish
- Rosemary Sprig to garnish
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-3 sprigs Rosemary
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- In a medium saucepan the water, sugar, and rosemary. Bring to a boil over medium to high heat. Stir to combine.
- Cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Set to the side too cool to room temperature. Once cooled, remove the rosemary and toss it away.
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Take a cocktail shaker and add 3-4 pieces of ice, tequila, grapefruit juice, tonic water, and rosemary simple syrup. Shake to combine.
- Pour the cocktail mixture into the glass.
- Add the Pomegranate pearls and lightly stir them into the drink