Who’s ready for a special kind of recipe? Skip those store bought marshmallows and make the Best Ever Homemade Marshmallows. You will not believe how much better they taste and it is actually incredibly easy to make.
Easy Homemade Marshmallows
This Marshmallows recipe is super easy to make and so good! These Marshmallows come out with the most amazing airy and soft texture that it will feel like your biting into a cloud. The flavoring is very similar to a regular marshmallow, but something about homemade just makes that so much better. Want to know what to use these homemade marshmallows for? Well, everything but my favorites is Sweet Potato Casserole (Pecan Streusel and Marshmallows) and of course in any of the hot chocolate bombs like Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs or Valentine Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Water- This will be used to dissolve the Gelatin.
- Gelatin- You will need 3 unflavored packets of Gelatin.
- Sugar- Every great dessert-style recipe uses sugar s an ingredient.
- Light Corn Syrup- This will be giving you a sweet flavor.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the Marshmallows.
- Vanilla Extract- Be sure to use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Powdered Sugar- This will be used for tossing and for coating the pan.
How to Make Homemade Marshmallows
Use powdered sugar to coat the square baking dish.
Add 1/2 c of water and the gelatin in a large mixing bowl and place it aside to let the gelatin soften.
Add 1/2 c of water, sugar, corn syrup, and salt into a medium saucepan with a candy thermometer on the side.
Allow the ingredients to come to a low boil on medium heat and continue to cook until the temperature reaches 240 degrees.
Switch the mixer to low and carefully add in the hot mixture.
Switch the temperature to high when all the sugars are added and combine for 10 minutes until stiff peaks form.
When the bowl has cooled to room temperature, pour in the vanilla and mix.
Add into the prepared baking pan and spread and smooth the mixture quickly. (Wet your hands if need be to keep the marshmallows from sticking).
Add some more powdered sugar over the top of the marshmallows.
Leave them out overnight for the best results.
You will need to add a generous amount of powdered sugar to a large cookie sheet or cutting board when ready to cut.
Use a sharp knife to loosen the marshmallows a bit.
Take out the Marshmallows and put them on the prepared cutting board.
Add more powdered sugar onto the Marshmallows before cutting.
Slice into 1-inch cubes and toss with more powdered sugar to coat, if desired.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 5-7 days.
How Do I Keep These From Being Too Sticky?
If you are cutting the Marshmallows, adding powdered sugar before cutting will keep the stickiness away. If you are adding them to the pan and are having a bit of trouble. Then, wetting your fingers with water will keep the marshmallows from sticking to your hand.
How Long Are Homemade Marshmallows Good?
These Homemade marshmallows are goo for about a week. Although, you need to make sure to store them properly. The shelf life will be longer for this recipe when you make sure to place it in an airtight container.
More Dessert Recipes
- Strawberry Lemon Icebox Dessert (No-Bake)
- No-Bake Pineapple Dream Dessert
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert
- No-Bake Pumpkin Lush Dessert
Easy Homemade Marshmallows
- Coat a square baking dish with powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, add ½ cup cold water and sprinkle with gelatin
- Set aside while gelatin softens
- Place a candy thermometer on the side of a medium saucepan, add ½ cup water, sugar, corn syrup, and salt
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat and cook until thermometer reads 240 degrees F (softball)
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly drizzle in hot sugar mixture
- When all sugar has been added, turn the mixer to high and beat for 10 minutes or until stiff peaks form
- When the marshmallows have reached stiff peaks and the bowl is cooled to room temperature, add the vanilla and mix
- Transfer mixture into prepared baking pan and work quickly to spread evenly. The marshmallows will be very sticky, you can wet your fingers to spread if necessary.
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar
- Let marshmallows set out overnight
- To cut, add a general amount of powdered sugar to a large cookie sheet or cutting board
- Loosen marshmallows slightly from the edge of the pan using a sharp knife
- Remove marshmallows and place on board with the powdered sugar
- Sprinkle marshmallows with additional powdered sugar
- Cut into 1-inch squares and toss to coat with additional powdered sugar, if desired
- Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.