If you want to make mini caramel apples at home, that taste amazing and are the perfect bite-size treat, you have to use this recipe for How to Make Mini Caramel Apples. These mini apples are covered with rich caramel and delicious topping with tart granny smith apples on the inside. These Fall treats are amazing.
Mini Caramel Apples
These mini caramel apples are going to become a family favorite. No one needs to know just how easy they are to make. These apples are perfect for parties and get togethers. Be sure to make them the day that you need them and not ahead of time. The apples are best when eaten fresh and after a day the caramel will start to slide of the apples.
- Granny smith apples- Granny Smith will provide the best flavor.
- Caramel bits/melts- This your caramel.
- Water- The water thins the caramel.
How to Make Mini Caramel Apples
Line a refrigerator safe plate or cutting board with wax paper.
Scoop round balls, about the size of a teaspoon, of the apples using a teaspoon or melon baller.
Insert the candy sticks into the top of the apples and then use a paper towel to remove the excess moisture.
In a small saucepan, melt the caramels over low heat and stir in the water until it is completely smooth.
Dip each apple into the caramel and let the excess drip off.
Then dip the apple into any desired toppings.
Place the mini caramel apples on the prepared plate or cutting board. Place them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
What’s the Best Apple for Caramel Apples?
When making these amazing caramel apples, you want to use a tart apple. It mixes together best with the sweetness of the caramel. I like to use granny smith apples. You can use whatever apples you like, but I would definitely stick to a crunchy hard apple.
What Toppings Go on Caramel Apples?
The topping ideas for these caramel apples are truly endless. There are so many possibilities. A few of my favorite ideas are
- Granulated White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Sparkling Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
- Toffee Bits
- Chopped nuts
More Delicious Caramel Apple Flavored Recipes
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
- The Best Caramel Apple Cupcakes
How to Make Mini Caramel Apples
- 4 granny smith apples
- 1 11 oz bag caramel bits/melts
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Optional: Toppings such as sugar sprinkles, chopped peanuts
- Line a refrigerator safe plate or cutting board with wax paper or parchment. Set aside.
- Using a metal teaspoon or melon baller, scoop out teaspoon round balls out of the apple.
- Insert the candy sticks in the top and blot with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, slowly melt the caramels and water stirring constantly smooth.
- Dip each apple into the caramel allowing the access to drip off. Dip in toppings if desired.
- Place on a prepared plate or cutting board and put in the refrigerator to set until you are ready to serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.