Caramel Apple Cheesecake is the perfect combination of creamy cheesecake and caramel apple crisp. With a graham cracker crust, juicy apples, and creamy caramel drizzle, it’s the ultimate fall dessert!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Recipe
The combination of apple and caramel is a classic. When you combine it with cheesecake, that is a whole new level. This cheesecake not only is an incredible blend of a fall dessert, then it brings in the flavors of a caramel apple crisp as well with a streusel topping that is just heavenly.
As a bonus: This is no eggs in the cheesecake filling. That means if someone is allergic to eggs, this is a safe recipe.
What You Need
- Crust– The crust of this cheesecake is a basic graham cracker crumb crust combined with rolled oats, melted butter, and light brown sugar.
- Cheesecake– You will need room temperature cream cheese, corn starch, light brown sugar and granulated sugar, pure vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Apple Crisp Topping– The topping of the apple crisp cheesecake is similar to a traditional apple crisp with all purpose flour, old fashioned rolled oats, light brown sugar, ground cinnamon, butter, and apples and it is topped with caramel ice cream topping.
How to Make Caramel Apple Crisp Cheesecake
Start the crust: Begin by making the crust. In a small mixing bowl, combine the crust ingredients. Press the crust into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake the crust at 350ºF for 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
Make the cheesecake: In a medium mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the ingredients for the cheesecake layer.
Pour or scoop the cheesecake over the crust. It’s best to dollop the cheesecake all over the crust, then use an offset spatula or the back of a spoon to gently spread the dollops together.
Add the apple layer: Next, mix together the apple crisp topping ingredients and core, peel, and thinly slice the apples. Evenly lay the apples over top of the cheesecake layer.
Sprinkle the crumb topping over the apples, then bake the cheesecake at 350ºF for 45 minutes. Run a knife along the edges of the pan to be sure the sides don’t stick. Cover the cheesecake and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
Serve: Before serving, drizzle store bought or homemade caramel sauce over top of the cheesecake. Remove the side of the springform pan and serve the creamy cheesecake chilled.
What are the Best Apples to Use?
The best apples to use for this recipe are also those you’d normally use for apple crisp or apple pie. Any fresh, tart baking apple that you like is perfect. I always prefer a Granny Smith apple because they’re readily available in my area throughout the year and really firm which means they hold up to the heat of the oven well and don’t turn into apple sauce in my cheesecake. I also like the tartness against the sweetness of the rest of the layers.
Can I Use a Different Pan?
If you don’t have a springform pan, you can make this recipe using a 9-inch cake pan or a deep-dish pie pan. Just be aware that the cheesecake puffs up considerably while it’s baking, so you might want to place a cookie sheet underneath if you use a pie pan, just in case any bits of the topping roll off.
How to Store Leftovers
Caramel apple crisp cheesecake will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to store it in an airtight container or keep it covered well with plastic wrap. Cheesecake can also be stored in the freezer. Wrap it well to protect it from freezer burn.
More Caramel Apple Recipes You Will Enjoy
- Caramel Apple Empanadas
- Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Twix Caramel Apple Pie
- Caramel Apple Pizza
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- No Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream
Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter melted
Apple Crisp Topping
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine the ingredients for the crust and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350F for 5 minutes, the set aside to cool.
- Place the ingredients for the cheesecake into a medium mixing bowl. Beat together with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop the cheesecake mixture all over the crust and use an offset spatula or the back of a spoon to very gently spread the dollops together until the cheesecake layer is even and completely covers the crust.
- Lay the thinly sliced apples evenly over the cheesecake layer.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the crumb topping ingredients, then sprinkle over top of the apples.
- Bake the cheesecake at 350F for 45 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes at room temperature. Run a knife along the edges of the cheesecake. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Drizzle the cheesecake with caramel sauce, slice and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 9 inch springform pan