Caramel Apple Pizza is a great fall dessert recipe. You’ll love this sugar cookie crust with a delicious cream cheese frosting all topped with a cinnamon and caramel apple topping.
If you like caramel apples in the fall, we have some really fun and new ways of enjoying them. Down below this recipe you’ll find a few of our favorites. What is it about the great flavors of a tart Granny Smith apple combined with creamy caramel sauce? It’s just such a great pairing.
Caramel Apple Pizza
I love that this recipe is really easy to make. Simply put, we have three basic layers here: a sugar cookie crust, cream cheese frosting and caramel apples. It’s full of flavor and a huge hit every time I make it. Let’s get started!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Sugar Cookie Dough. We use pre-made dough but you can use your favorite homemade sugar cookie recipe if you want. Make sure you have 16 ounces and pick one that is good for cookie cutting.
- Apples. Honeycrisp or Granny Smith apples are the best for this but you can use whichever you’d like.
- Lemon Juice.
- Light Brown Sugar.
- Granulated Sugar.
- Ground Cinnamon.
- Caramel Sauce.
- Cream Cheese. We used regular but if you want to use low fat that will work in this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract.
How To Make Fruit Pizza
- Prep the crust. Spray your pizza pan and spread the cookie dough evenly on top. Bake it for until the outer crust begins to brown.
- Prep the apples. While your crust is cooling and baking, move onto the apples. Peel and chop them into small bite sized chunks.
- Cook the apples. Mix up your ingredients and cook on the stove until your apples are softened. Add in your caramel sauce and continue to cook, then let the apples cool.
- Make frosting. Beat together the cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Assemble. Frost the cookie with your cream cheese mixture, top with your caramel apples then drizzle with the extra caramel.
Tips & Tricks
Use a pizza pan not a pizza stone for this recipe, because you need a rim around the edge or the cookies can bake right over the side.
Can You Make Fruit Pizza The Day Before?
Partly, yes. You can go ahead and prepare the crust since cooling it takes the most time, but wait until the day of serving to add the toppings to avoid a soggy crust.
How To Store Fruit Pizza
This tastes the best the day of, when it’s fresh, but if you have leftovers you want to save, go for it. Just wrap the pizza in plastic wrap and refrigerate the leftovers for up to three days. I do not suggest trying to freeze this for later.
More Recipes To Try
No Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream
The Best Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Check out even more of our recipes on Pinterest!
Caramel Apple Pizza
- 16 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 apples peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce plus more for drizzle
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 12-inch pizza pan with nonstick spray.
- Press the cookie dough out evenly in the pan, sealing any seams with your fingers.
- Bake the cookie dough for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place the pizza pan on a wire rack and allow it to cool for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, add the chopped apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the apples soften and the juice begins to boil.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and add it to the apple mixture stirring in quickly.
- Add in the caramel sauce and and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens and the apples are soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Just before assembling, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled sugar cookie crust.
- Top the cream cheese layer with cooked apples. Drizzle with caramel sauce, slice, and serve.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.