If you love a bolognese, you are going to absolutely love this simple Instant Pot Fettuccine Bolognese. It is so easy to make and makes the best dinner. The flavor of meal is absolutely amazing. Making the sauce and pasta in the Instant Pot, makes this a one pot meal.
Instant Pot Fettuccine Bolognese
Talk about a great dish, this Instant Pot Fettuccine Bolognese is delicious, and it’s done in a fraction of the time it would take to make the meat sauce the old way. The Instant Pot not only speeds up the cooking time, but it really infuses the flavors together, and it turns out just wonderful. Serve this up with some crusty bread, and you’ve got a great meal everyone will love. Keep this one in your favorites.
- Ground Sirloin –You can use whatever kind of ground meat you prefer
- Butter- I always use unsalted butter so that I can control the salt in the recipe, even when I plan to add salt later.
- Sweet onion- I love sweet onions in my recipe but you can use yellow onions, red onions or whatever kind of onions you have on hand.
- Garlic- You can buy minced garlic or mince your own.
- Tomato sauce- This is the base of the tomato sauce
- Stewed Tomatoes- This will add a chunkiness to the sauce
- Tomato paste- Using tomato sauce will keep the sauce thick even when you add the water.
- Water- This is used to cover the noodles.
- Seasonings- The seasonings I use are listed below
- Brown sugar- I always add a little bit of sugar to my sauce. Sometimes the tomatoes are a little bit bitter.
- Fettuccine- I like to use fettuccine with my sauce
- Parmesan Cheese- This is to add to the top of the meal
- Parsley- Fresh parsley is the perfect herb for topping this recipe.
How to Make Fettuccine Bolognese in an Instant Pot
Set the Instant Pot to the saute setting and then melt the butter. Add the onions and saute until they are golden brown.
Add the beef and cook until it is no longer pink.
Turn the Instant Pot off and then add the garlic, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, paste, water, sugar, and seasoning. Stir everything together and mix well.
Add the fettuccine and make sure it is covered and not sticking out of the sauce.
Place the lid on top, set it to sealing and cook for 8 minutes. Do a quick release.
Serve with crusty bread or a side salad.
What Meats Can I Use in Bolognese?
I like to use ground sirloin when I am making this. You can use any type of ground beef, ground chicken or turkey, ground pork, ground sausage or even ground lamb. The ground meat is what is needed to make the meat sauce. Yo
u can use any combination of meat you prefer.
Do I Have to Use Fettuccine?
No. You can use whatever type of noodles you prefer, but different noodles need different cooking times in the Instant Pot. You will want to make sure to change the cook time so that the pasta doesn’t get overcooked.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Beef Stir Fry Recipe
- Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken Recipe
- Firecracker Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Stew
Instant Pot Fettuccine Bolognese
- 1 pound ground Sirloin
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 32 ounces tomato sauce
- 28 ounces Stewed Tomatoes
- 16 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups water plus more if needed - see instructions
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon ground Oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 pound Fettuccine
- Parmesan Cheese
- Finely chopped Parsley
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the SAUTE setting, and melt the butter in the Instant Pot.
- Add the chopped onion, and saute until caramelized, or golden brown.
- Add the ground Sirloin, and cook until well browned, and no pink is left.
- Turn off Saute setting.
- Add the minced garlic, tomato sauce (both cans), stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, Italian seasoning, sweet basil, ground Oregano, garlic salt, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper,and brown sugar.
- Stir all together until well mixed.
- Add the Fettuccine, and make sure it's completely covered and not sticking out of the sauce. (You can break it in half to make it easier to submerge in the sauce).
- (If you need to add a little more water, to make sure the Fettuccine is covered, add another 1/2 cup).
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the pressure valve is set to SEALING.
- Press the MANUAL button, and set the time for 8 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, beeps and goes to OFF, go ahead and quick release the pressure, by turning the pressure valve from sealing to VENTING.
- When all the pressure has been released, and the FLOAT VALVE drops down, remove the lid from the Instant Pot, and stir the Fettuccine, and sauce. (This is where I taste the sauce, to see if it needs any more seasonings, or if it's just right).
- If you need to add anything, do it now, and stir well to blend.
- Serve on plates, or in pasta bowls, and top with Parmesan cheese, and a little Parsley.
- Pair with crusty bread, or even a side salad. Serve, and Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.