Firecracker Chicken in the Instant Pot
This easy to make Firecracker Chicken brings your favorite take out food and lets you make it at home. Tastier and healthier, this Firecracker chicken uses an Air fryer to get just the right amount of crispiness to the chicken without the added oil and the Instant Pot to create a deep flavor. Easily customizable, this is the best Firecracker Chicken recipe.
Love Chinese Food Take Out you can make at home? You have to try Easy Chicken Fried Rice with Yum Yum Sauce.
Firecracker Chicken in Instant Pot
This Firecracker Chicken is one of the healthiest versions you can make without losing any of the flavors. Because this recipe uses the Air Fryer, it is a much healthier version. The chicken is not deep fried but it is still crispy. Then the Instant Pot creates a deep rich sauce that has a low and slowly simmered flavor without the time.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Corn flour
- Olive oil
- Buffalo hot sauce
- Brown sugar
- Rice vinegar
- Red pepper flakes
- Green onions
- Snow peas
- Red pepper
How to Make Firecracker Chicken in Instant Pot
Gather your ingredients and cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks.
Get 2 bowls and put the beaten eggs in the one and in the other add the flour and cornflour.
You will start cooking the chicken in the Air Fryer before finishing the recipe in Instant Pot.
Spray the inside of the Air Fryer with oil.
Dip the chicken into the egg wash and then into the flour mixture.
Place the chicken into the air fryer and continue to add chicken until it is full.
Set your air fryer to 400F and cook the chicken for 5 minutes. The chicken will not be cooked through.
In a small bow create the sauce. Whisk the buffalo sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Set it to the side.
Add the olive oil and the veggies to the Instant Pot turned on to saute’ high.
Cook the veggies, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
Next, add the chicken to the Instant Pot and toss it all together.
Turn the Instant Pot off and add the sauce over the chicken.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn it to seal.
Turn on the pressure cooking function to manual for 4 minutes.
Once the cooking is done, release the pressure from the Instant Pot.
Remove the lid and serve.
What is Firecracker Chicken?
Fire cracker chicken is a sweet and spicy chicken that has a bit of buffalo seasoning with a tang of rice vinegar. The chicken is crispy, the sauce is bursting with flavors, like firecrackers.
Can I Adjust the Heat of This Recipe?
If you are concerned about the amount of heat in this recipe, you can adjust the heat by changing the amount and flavor of the buffalo sauce as well as the red pepper flakes. With red peppers flakes, a little goes a long way to give flavor and heat.
Firecracker Chicken in Instant Pot
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup corn flour
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 eggs beaten room temp
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- ⅓ cup buffalo hot sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes or more to taste
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup snow peas
- ¼ cup sliced red pepper
- ½ onion sliced
- Cut up your chicken breasts into 1″ to 1.5″ chunks and set them aside.
- Set up your station with one bowl holding your beaten eggs, and the other holding your flour, and corn flour.
- Spray the inside of your air fryer lightly with some oil.
- Dip your chicken cube into the egg wash, then place it into your coating.
- Make sure your chicken is well coated and place it into the air fryer.
- Repeat until your air fryer is full.
- Set your air fryer to 400F and cook your homemade chicken for 5 minutes.
- You do not want to fully cook as we will use the Instant Pot next.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buffalo sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- Set to the side.
- Add the olive oil and the veggies to the instant pot turned on to saute’ high.
- Stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the instant pot.
- Toss to combine.
- Turn the instant pot off / cancel.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the vent.
- Turn on manual for 4 minutes.
- Once the timer is up release the pressure from the Instant Pot.
- Remove the lid and serve.