Chili Cheese Dog Bake is a quick kid-friendly meal for the family. Everyone loves these cheesy hot dogs wrapped in pizza dough and baked with chili.
I’m all about easy meals that my kids will eat. Aren’t we all? The quicker I can get in and out of the kitchen and have my kiddos fed, the better.
Chili Cheese Dog Bake
This is not just a meal kids enjoy, but it’s one they can help make, too! It’s super duper simple. Grab your ingredients, show them how it’s done, and let them have a go at it.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Chili. We used canned chili for this because it’s quick and easy and has good flavor. Feel free to make your own if you’d like!
- Pizza Dough. The pre-made, refrigerated can.
- Hot Dogs. We like the all-beef best, but use whatever you’ve got.
- Cheese Sticks. Cheddar Cheese sticks that are individually packaged. You know, like the kind you put in the kiddos lunch boxes.
- Butter. For the top of the dough.
- Garlic Powder. Optional but adds good flavor.
- Parsley. Also optional. If you don’t have any it’s OK, you can still make this.
How To Make Baked Chili Cheese Dogs
- Prep. Preheat your oven and pour the whole can of chili in a dish.
- Wrap. Roll out your pizza dough and cut into four pieces. Place a hot dog in the center of each piece of dough with half a cheese stick (cut lengthwise) on either side. Wrap the dough around the center.
- Bake. Place the hot dogs over the chili and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the dough starts to brown.
- Finish. When they come out, spread some melted butter with garlic and parsley on top for flavor.
How Long Do These Last?
This is definitely a recipe that you don’t want to save for later. It tastes best, fresh. If you save this for left-overs, they become quite soggy.
More Recipes To Try
Chili Cheese Dog Bake
- 14 oz canned chili heated
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 4 cheese sticks
- 4 hot dogs all-beef
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Spread chili into a greased 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Unroll the dough and cut into four even strips.
- Cut the cheese sticks in half lengthwise.
- Place a hot dog in the center of a piece of dough. Place each half of the cheese stick on either side of the hot dog.
- Wrap the dough around the cheese and hot dog, overlapping slightly in the center. Repeat with remaining dough, hot dogs, and cheese.
- Place the wrapped hot dogs on top of the chili.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until the dough is light golden.
- Add the butter to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high until melted. Stir in the garlic powder and parsley.
- Brush over the wrapped hot dogs.