This Chicken Salad with Grapes is the perfect combination of creamy dressing, tender chicken, crunchy celery, and sour green grapes. Each bite is an explosion of flavor. Prepared in just minutes, this easy chicken salad recipe makes a great lunch, snack, or even light dinner.
Quick and Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
This is not your basic, boring chicken salad recipe. It’s packed with flavors from ingredients like fresh herbs, lemon, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and more. Not to mention the tender, juicy rotisserie chicken!
Grapes may seem like an odd addition but the sweet and sour taste of green grapes pairs so well with the chicken and other ingredients. This chicken salad with grapes will truly blow you away!
Enjoy as-is by the spoonful or turn it into a sandwich or lettuce wrap. Either way, it’s delightfully delicious and so easy to prepare. It lasts for a few days in the fridge so it’s perfect for workday lunch prep too.
What You’ll Need
Each ingredient in this chicken salad with grapes adds flavor and texture. Be sure to check the recipe card below for measurements.
- Chicken- Any cooked and shredded chicken will work. I used rotisserie chicken breasts.
- Grapes – Cut in half.
- Celery – Adds a nice crunch to the salad.
- Mayonnaise – The creamy base of the chicken salad.
- Lemon – You’ll need the zest and juice for the recipe. I recommend zesting the lemon first.
- Dijon mustard – Adds a lightly tangy, savory flavor to the dressing.
- Sugar – Enhances and balances the other ingredients.
- Worcestershire sauce – Adds a savory, smokey flavor to the recipe.
- Spices – Salt, paprika, and black pepper are added for extra flavor.
Can I Use Canned Chicken?
I prefer the flavor of rotisserie chicken but in a pinch, you can use canned chicken. Just be sure to drain it well.
Should I Use Green or Red Grapes?
This chicken salad recipe calls for green grapes. The sweetness and sourness of the green grapes really help bring out the flavors in this salad. However, you could use red grapes in a pinch – just keep in mind the flavor will change. You could also use a combination of both.
How to Make Chicken Salad with Grapes
This easy chicken salad is made in just a few simple steps.
- Make the chicken mixture. Combine the chicken, grapes, celery, scallions, and parsley.
- Make the dressing. Whisk together the mayo, lemon, garlic, mustard, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings.
- Combine the ingredients. Mix the two mixtures together until fully combined.
- Enjoy. Serve as desired and enjoy.
Recipe Tips & Variations
Here are a few tips for making this chicken grape salad, along with a few variations.
- Make a saucier salad. With 4 cups of chicken, the salad is lightly dressed. If you like a more saucy chicken salad, add an additional ¼ cup of mayonnaise, it will not affect the taste much of the dressing since it is already very flavorful. Or, you can use fewer ingredients as well.
- Chill before serving. To give the flavors time to meld, I like to pop this into the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
- Add other ingredients for flavor and texture. Feel free to add other ingredients like pecans, dried cranberries, and apples for variety in flavor and texture.
- Use the dressing on other dishes. I love the flavor of this dressing and sometimes use it on regular salads and potato salad as well.
What to Serve With Chicken Salad with Grapes
For a quick lunch, I like to serve this chicken and grape salad as a sandwich on white bread or a crescent roll or croissant. For a low carb option, this is also super tasty in a lettuce wrap. I like to serve it with a side of Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries and Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert for dessert.
You can also serve it as a side dish at a potluck or just eat it straight from the bowl. It’s that good!
How Long Will This Last?
This chicken salad with grapes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Note that if you will be serving this at any type of picnic or potluck, it should only be left at room temperature for 2 hours. After that, it should be discarded.
More Easy Lunch Ideas:
- Quick and Easy Egg Salad
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- Creamy Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
Easy Chicken Salad with Grapes
- 4 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken I used rotisserie chicken breasts
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- ½ cup celery diced small
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, grapes, celery, scallions, and parsley. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon zest, garlic, dijon mustard, lemon juice, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, paprika, and pepper until fully combined.
- Add the dressing to the bowl with the salad ingredients. Stir to combine until everything is coated in the dressing. Serve immediately on bread, lettuce, or eat it as is!