Chicken Salad with Grapes
This incredibly Easy Chicken Salad with Grapes is a simple and delicious meal idea. You will love this chicken salad recipe and it has so much flavor. Perfect for a delicious brunch, lunch or a light dinner. This is one of those recipes you will reach for again and again.
Chicken Salad with Grapes
This Chicken salad is extra special and full of delicious grapes. The sweetness from the grapes blends so well with the chicken and other ingredients that you will be blown away. Serve with a side of Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries and Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert for dessert.
- Chicken- This will needed to be shredded (I used rotisserie chicken breasts).
- Green Grapes- These will need to be cut into halves.
- Celery- This will need to be diced.
- Scallions- thinly sliced.
- Parsley- Use fresh chopped parsley for this recipe.
- Mayonnaise- This will add the creamy texture of the salad.
- Lemon Zest- Zest your lemons before juicing them.
- Garlic- Minced.
- Mustard- You will need to get dijon mustard for this recipe.
- Lemon Juice- Use fresh lemon juice for the best flavoring.
- Sugar- This will be used as a sweetener.
- Worcestershire Sauce- This will add a smokey flavor to your recipe.
- Salt- This will bring out all those delicious flavors.
- Paprika- Be sure to use sweet paprika for additional flavoring.
- Black Pepper- This will be used to taste.
How to Make Chicken Salad with Grapes
Combine the chicken, grapes, celery, scallions, and parsley into a large bowl, then set it aside.
Whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon zest, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, paprika, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl until fully combined.
Pour one of the mixtures to the other bowl and combine everything together.
Immediately serve with your choice of bread, lettuce, or just to eat like it is.
Can I Use Canned Chicken for Chicken Salad?
This Chicken salad recipe used cooked and shredded chicken. I recommend using rotisserie chicken for the best results and best taste. However, if you want to, you can use canned chicken, but preparing your own chicken will be best.
Should I Use Green or Red Grapes?
This Chicken Salad recipe calls for green grapes. There is a difference between red and green grapes that will change the flavor of the salad a bit. The sweetness and sourness of the green grapes really help bring out the flavors and is the best one to use.
More Lunch Ideas
- Thanksgiving Turkey Kids Lunch
- Fox Fun Lunch
- Kids Healthy Owl Lunch
- Spider-Man Bento Lunch
- Sheep Bento Lunch
Easy Chicken Salad with Grapes
- 4 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken I used rotisserie chicken breasts
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- ½ cup small diced celery
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
For the dressing:
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 1 small clove
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, grapes, celery, scallions, and parsley. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon zest, garlic, dijon mustard, lemon juice, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, paprika, and pepper until fully combined.
- Add the dressing to the bowl with the salad ingredients. Stir to combine until everything is coated in the dressing. Serve immediately on bread, lettuce, or eat it as is!