The best dinner you can ever ask for made in no time! You have to try these Instant Pot Ribs recipe with a side of garlic mashed potatoes. So simple to make and with such a great flavor, these ribs are so tender.
Make the Best Corn Casserole Recipe as a great side dish to go with this Instant Pot Ribs recipe.
Instant Pot Ribs Recipe with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Many people are intimidated when it comes to making ribs. They think it is hard to make them tender and delicious. With this recipe for Instant Pot Ribs, it is so easy. With almost no work, these ribs are flavorful and are falling off the bone tender. Once you try them, you will never want to make ribs any other way again.
- Brown sugar
- Garlic salt
- Seasoned salt
- Seasoned pepper
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Ground mustard
- Italian seasoning
- Ground Cumin
- Chicken broth
- Red wine vinegar
- Honey barbecue sauce
How to Make Instant Pot Ribs Recipe
Mix together the brown sugar, garlic salt, seasoned salt and pepper, onion powder, chili powder, ground mustard, paprika, Italian seasoning, and cumin.
Remove the membrane on the underside of the ribs have been removed and then season both sides.
Add the chicken broth and the red wine vinegar to the Instant Pot and then add the trivet.
Add the ribs on top of the trivet and close the Instant Pot, making sure it is set to sealing.
Set it for manual high pressure for 25 minutes. Let the Instant Pot do a natural pressure release to infuse the flavors and make sure the ribs are very tender.
Double line a baking sheet with foil and move the ribs to the baking sheet. Brush them with barbeque sauce and broil them in the oven for 5-6 minutes.
How to Make the Garlic Mashed Potatoes
While the ribs are cooking, peel 3 to 4 pounds of potatoes and then cut them into chunks. Place the potatoes in a large roaster pan, cover them with water and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Cook the potatoes on high until they are done, about 15 to 20 minutes.
When the potatoes are done, drain most of the water leaving about 1/4 in the potatoes. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher and add 1 stick of butter, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
Keep the potatoes on low to keep them warm.
Do I Have to Serve with Mashed Potatoes?
Of course not. These ribs can be served with roasted potatoes or french fries. You can serve it with a side of cole slaw or grilled vegetables. Instant Pot Ribs go great with any side dish.
What’s The Best BBQ Sauce for Instant Pot Ribs?
When I make these Instant Pot Ribs, I like to use honey BBQ sauce. I like the way the flavors go together. If you have a different barbeque sauce that you prefer you can certainly use that instead. Any type of BBQ sauce goes great with these ribs.
Instant Pot Ribs Recipe with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 4 pounds 2 racks of Ribs
FOR THE RUB:
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups honey barbecue sauce
- Combine the brown sugar, garlic salt, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper, onion powder, chili powder, ground mustard, paprika, Italian seasoning, and cumin, in a small bowl, and stir well to mix. Make sure the membrane on the underside of the ribs has been removed (if it hasn't, grab hold of one corner, and pull it the entire length of the ribs - see note). Season the ribs with the rub on both sides. Add the chicken broth, and red wine vinegar to the Instant pot. Place the metal trivet in the Instant Pot, and place the ribs on the trivet (see photo). Place the ribs in a circle on the trivet. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure that the pressure valve is set to SEALING. Press the MANUAL button, and set the time to 25 minutes. When the ribs are done, the Instant Pot will beep, and go to the OFF reading. Let the Instant Pot build, and release the pressure naturally. This will infuse all the flavors, and make the ribs really tender. Once the Instant Pot reads OFF, make sure the FLOAT VALVE is down, and all the pressure has been released, remove the lid from the Instant Pot, and set aside.
- Double line a baking dish with heavy foil, and carefully remove the ribs from the Instant Pot, into the dish. Brush the barbecue sauce on the slabs of ribs, completely coating them in the sauce. Place the dish in the oven on BROIL, for about 5 - 6 minutes, or until the ribs have turned golden or caramelized. Remove the ribs, and brush with additional sauce.
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
- While the ribs are cooking in the Instant Pot, peel 3 - 4 pounds of white potatoes, and cut them in chunks. Place the potatoes in a large roaster, and cover them with cold water, and about 2 Tablespoons of salt. Turn the burner on high, and boil the potatoes until done - about 15 - 20 minutes. When the potatoes are done, pour off all but about 1/4 of the water, and leave the potatoes in the roaster. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher, and add 1 stick of butter, 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic, 1/2 cup of heavy cream (or half n half) 1 Tablespoon of coarse ground garlic salt, and 1 teaspoon of coarse ground black pepper to the potatoes. Stir well to combine, and keep warm on the lowest setting on the stove, and keep the mashed potatoes covered.
- Serve the ribs over the mashed potatoes with garlic toast and a little extra barbecue sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Instant Pot Ribs Recipe with Garlic Mashed Potatoes”
Tried this for dinner and my family loved it. Simple and delicious. I used the pressure cooker and baked in the pressure cooker as well. Thank you for sharing= your recipe.